British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Funny enough and thinking about it the three rarest bronze farthings 1863 ,1875 and 1876 H have quite a few varieties between them .

Some only discovered recently.

Maybe someone or something just wants it to be really hard to get a full set ! :(

What are the 1863 varieties? I must check mine out.

Dot under lighthouse

Do you have any pictures?

Funny enough and thinking about it the three rarest bronze farthings 1863 ,1875 and 1876 H have quite a few varieties between them .

Maybe someone or something just wants it to be really hard to get a full set ! :(

Dot under lighthouse

There was one in the colin cooke collection 2006- It is still on the website even 6 years after colins death - A fantastic tribute to him :) and probably there for good - even more useful than colin's site (sorry colin)

Dot under lighthouse

There was one in the colin cooke collection 2006- It is still on the website even 6 years after colins death - A fantastic tribute to him :) and probably there for good - even more useful than colin's site (sorry colin)

Sorry it's also on colins site as well but the coin ain't as nice

It's not very clear in the pics on both sites but when you get a dot under lighthouse coin in the hand it's very obvious . (I have seen at least 3)

Dot under lighthouse

I just had a look at Colin's site - despite being BU the picture isn't large enough to make it out unfortunately. What did you mean by the "other" Colin Cooke site? I only know his main one.

There have been a couple of dot 1863's on Ebay recently but not that nice.Punters were paying a premium for this variety.

Dot under lighthouse

I think Aboutfarthing's site is the best reference for farthings.I love the collections at CC.Imagine a day with Peck/CC/FS mulling over collections :)

Colin's site has the POTENTIAL to be totally fantastic but at the moment it's going very slow , pity he cannot find a load of spare time , and i surpose a little spare cash would help a lot as well.

Colin's site has the POTENTIAL to be totally fantastic but at the moment it's going very slow , pity he cannot find a load of spare time , and i surpose a little spare cash would help a lot as well.

It is purely a time issue, coins are a hobby I pursue outside of my "full time life". Work has been hectic the last 18 months and I really am struggling to find spare time. There are mounds of updates to be added to the site, and this has been delayed by the publication I am writing. This is because both the publication and website need to align, I am having to work on both projects simultaneously, and preparing a catalogue is much more time consuming than doing website updates. Additions could be made to the website and then clarified/altered at a later date if there were discrepancies, with a publication you get one chance...so the research has to be thorough otherwise I may as well not bother.

This project has been on the horizon for some time, and I am making good progress but I could do with a month in isolation :D

Colin

It doesn't work like that.

I've been getting a list of things to do.Then there is cash in the attic,bargain hunt and only fools and horses.Dog walking,read the paper.....clear up after the kids...the day is gone. :unsure:

Midnight oil is the best lubricant. Available from all good and understanding wives.

Sorry there i mean the part of colin cookes site dedicated to sold collections.

Colin's own collection and the nicholson collection of halfpennies are the best reference for us coin collectors, but the other collections are also superb reference works as well. :D

Midnight oil is the best lubricant. Available from all good and understanding wives.

I do most of mine there :) When Mrs Peter is tucked up in bed ;)