British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

For All You Ebay Lovers

Interesting that the main bidders have 91%, 30% and 15% bidding activity with this seller.

1917 Sovereign, 5hrs to go...........55 bids so far, where will it go?

http://www.ebay.co.u...6262%26_rdc%3D1

Interesting that the main bidders have 91%, 30% and 15% bidding activity with this seller.

Yep, same 2 for quite some time

well i know where it wont end up :(

TBH i'd love to think this is genuine. The seller sells many Sovs, but a rarity such as this on ebay is somewhat strange to me. An EF graded coin in Spinks is around 8500 quid. Why put this coin on ebay if its so rare?

TBH i'd love to think this is genuine. The seller sells many Sovs, but a rarity such as this on ebay is somewhat strange to me. An EF graded coin in Spinks is around 8500 quid. Why put this coin on ebay if its so rare?

Even Spinks has a warning of forgeries for this date. It all looks fishy to me. B)

Even Spinks has a warning of forgeries for this date. It all looks fishy to me. B)

Seller in question has been found out elsewhere on another forum for a certain bidding illicetly

I can't vouch for authenticity, but ebay often exceeds major auctions at final hammer, AND only have a 10% sellers fee! I think all the serious collectors/dealers have a pretty good handle on eBay nowadays, despite everything that's said! Look at us lot, for instance, when something special comes along (not saying this is) we're all drooling and speculating, CALCULATING, twitching, itching...there are quite a few armchair bidders methinks!

Most of the quality hammered is almost untouchable on eBay!

C'mon, Dave, you use one of those electro cleaners, any good for this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170910669150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 ;)

I can't vouch for authenticity, but ebay often exceeds major auctions at final hammer, AND only have a 10% sellers fee! I think all the serious collectors/dealers have a pretty good handle on eBay nowadays, despite everything that's said! Look at us lot, for instance, when something special comes along (not saying this is) we're all drooling and speculating, CALCULATING, twitching, itching...there are quite a few armchair bidders methinks!

Most of the quality hammered is almost untouchable on eBay!

C'mon, Dave, you use one of those electro cleaners, any good for this? http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649 ;)

Nah Stuart, when a coin of that magnituude comes along, it should and would be put into a serious auction. We should be looking at 5k or more for this Sov

Edited by azda

Run, Forrest, run!!!!

Or so was said in "Forrest Gump"

Screams FAKE, this one.

Looks fishy as a haddock to me