British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
scott

1664 traders token farthing help

End of place name looks like ord .... Is it oxford? :)

dunno, there seems to be a D at the bottom, and it was in a bunch of thames finds.

not to far from home then - there was a lot of trade between oxford and london

dunno, there seems to be a D at the bottom, and it was in a bunch of thames finds.

I was thinking Bedford, but could not find a match, but saying that my library on this subject is fairly limited :D

more then mine, i guess.

found Guildford which might fit the missing space more after in

lots of trade tokens came from guilford - more than oxford anyway guilford i think is more likely

I've got a nice token of Guildford, a town close to my heart, and know that Thomas Tompson and Thomas Wilmot tokens are fairly common. However, I haven't seen any with this design.