British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Not feeling in any way negative at the moment, but I invite all to post their frustrations here. eBay related stuff is taken as read, so apart from that! My top 3 would be:

1. Rubbish scans/pics by sellers and auctioneers
  2. Grading for type which for me means grading by rarity, in other words the rarer the coin the more lax the grading
  3. Ignorance from numismatic professionals, including dealers and BNTA members

I feel better now having posted that!!!

As always for me, it's the rubbish inconclusive images on TPGC's websites! "There to combat the fraudsters!" Well do a better job then please!

Not sure as to numbering, but I do get irritated on ebay by people who don't post photos at all and only add them later. Especially when they list as 'Hammered coin 1' Hammered coin 2' etc. Just seems lazy.

I also wonder why people who have 20 Charles and Di crowns feel they have to list them individually? Do they not know you can multiple list in one and ebay will adjust the number available as they sell so whole pages aren't clogged up with rubbish the same thing?

And away from ebay, I agree, there need to be photos and they need to be clear. I'm tired of dealers who just list things by Spink number and having to ask for pics, in fact I generally just pass on by. And there's no excuse for poor photos. Why should I take a risk and hope I'll be pleasantly surprised something is better than it looks in your photos? If you want to sell me a product you need to represent it well.

Two other things are not updating websites when things sell and automatically having today's date on there. If a site hasn't been updated since 2010, I'd like to know that, not think it's still live, waste my time looking and emailing only to not get a response.

Similarly, if you're setting up a business website, do so. Don't have it sat there saying "We're just setting up, come back soon" for months on end. And if you ask "what do you think?" and I email you, perhaps a reply would be nice Keith. Oops.

I'm obviously a grumpier old man than I thought! :P

What I hate is pensioners going shopping at lunch time...all I want is a bloody sandwich. :(

We're pensioners for God's sake! It's probably taken us four hours to get our respective trusses and prosthetics strapped on, just so we can amble down to Marks & Sparks and gaze longingly upon real food before reality kicks in. Then we go and squander the winter heating money in Lidl & Netto, wasting it on luxuries like cheap soup.

And all this while you supercharged youngsters are trampling all over us to buy sandwiches, stuff you could have made at home if you'd taken the time to think. And saved a bit of brass too.

I am no youngster or super charged.I take my old mother shopping once a week.NOT EVER at a lunch time.

Please help me if you can beat Asda's Ham sandwich for £1.

What I hate is pensioners going shopping at lunch time...all I want is a bloody sandwich. :(

Sandwiches?? Who has teeth to eat a sandwich these days? :angry:

• Like 1

Sandwiches?? Who has teeth to eat a sandwich these days? :angry:

I do - they came off a 1967 penny :D :D :D

• Like 1

People who can't spell for shit. :D

• Like 1

For shit. Is that correct? Have I passed? :)

For shit. Is that correct? Have I passed? :)

You passed the shit test Rob :)

Four shit was about 10:30 am in Kenya...I think by the close of play I was starring the Jap flag ;)

Four shit was about 10:30 am in Kenya...I think by the close of play I was starring the Jap flag ;)

I thought Senokot was four shit?

I managed 30. :)

Sigh.... merandering threads which always seem to end up with comments on food, sex, cars or drugs..... :D

Sigh.... merandering threads which always seem to end up with comments on food, sex, cars or drugs..... :D

Nonsense. Mine was English language - and I got top marks.

Nonsense. Mine was English language - and I got top marks.

To right you did!!! :lol:

Not feeling in any way negative at the moment, but I invite all to post their frustrations here. eBay related stuff is taken as read, so apart from that! My top 3 would be:

1. Rubbish scans/pics by sellers and auctioneers
  2. Grading for type which for me means grading by rarity, in other words the rarer the coin the more lax the grading
  3. Ignorance from numismatic professionals, including dealers and BNTA members

I feel better now having posted that!!!

Spinks latest Coin auction Catalogue now out. What do members think

of the clarity, and ease of finding coins especially archived lots on the

new website. To me it seems to be just a shadow of what it used to be.

Am I right in feeling this ?

People who quote other peoples posts ad nauseam and cant be bothered to edit the quote to the relevant part. There are one or two examples in this thread already!

One of my loves is actually "Numismatic profesionals" who don't know jack shit (to carry on the swearing in this thread) how else am I going to fill those spaces in my collection with the rare varieties at a reasonable cost? :D

Sigh.... merandering threads which always seem to end up with comments on food, sex, cars or drugs.....

taking the goose out for an airing tonight, even though she's on drugs at the mo, we'll have a nice meal and end up having sex in the p1800.......... :D

my pet hate.......high rates for sellers commission and..................... vat :)

for instance this current ebay listing 380381398851

"1/2 penny ( farting ) 1946"

everyone loves a good farting :lol:

everyone loves a good farting :lol:

Obviously I can't throw stones in the inaccuracy greenhouse as I should've put '1/4 penny'. Why is it that when you go on-line your mind goes to mush?