British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

"German Silver". In particular the **shole who keeps flogging supposed "Reichsbank" bullion.

The PCGS forum.

What a disaster. The forum layout was revised over the past weekend and now there is no login button as there was previously. An invitation to join to reply was duly followed, but wouldn't let me use the same id and details as I had before. Clearly it recognised I should exist. Having joined again using a modified id (and a different email address), I decided to use the help/search facility to search for the means of logging in only to see a login link in the top right of the box. Oh joy! Sadly it doesn't recognise me in either my current or past incarnations and when I try to retrieve my password says that my email address doesn't exist!!! As an added bonus, there is also no 'contact us' link for those wanting to communicate with a human being.

What a load of bo***cks. Still, at least it stops people cluttering up the forum with posts.

Hmmm, I think there was a sign in on the upper right, which I noticed after initial problems like yours....

They need some of your sense over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upper right is where the login link used to reside. Now it seems to have disappeared and the only login I could see was in 'Help' - which somewhat ironically didn't work.........

Oops, meant upper left.....

Oops, meant upper left.....

No, I don't see anything upper left, just the CU forum logo and then the various forum tabs down the side. Tells you who is logged in at the bottom, but there isn't a login link in sight.

Room 101 contenders ----President assad and isis

Penny collectors

:rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

The daily Mail?

Rob I am able to sign in about 1/4 the way down the left side of the home page on PCGS site.

English Government, especially 3 of them specifically, Cameron, Osbourne and IDS

• Like 1

English Government, especially 3 of them specifically, Cameron, Osbourne and IDS

Do you mean Sharon or Ozzie? I presume you mean Sharon, as the only coherent half of the partnership she is the one most likely to construct an offensive statement.

Not sure why the other two though.

Rob I am able to sign in about 1/4 the way down the left side of the home page on PCGS site.

Ah, thanks Vicky. It appears that my login buttons were hidden.

What a load of rubbish. They have taken the login fields and hidden them behind an arrow which gives no indication as to what lies below. On the plus side, it appears that both new and old login details work. On the down side, the button to logout is not where the login is found, rather it is in the same place as it was previously - where the login button sat before they messed around with the format. The login button I inadvertently found in help when searching the help files for clues on how to login still doesn't work! :blink:

I think 'could do better' applies here, so I'll still leave it in Room 101. Trouble is, PCGS are not very amenable to re-education (thinking back to the wax removal service).

Edited by Rob

Farthing collectors :P

Pete

We would have plenty of space to stretch our legs ;) .

The 1d collectors would be like sardines. :)

BTW

I do have a decent collection of 20C 1d's and a few quality 18C & 19C examples. :)

I could just imagine ozzy osbourne in parliment singing this with crusifix and a load of bats flying round him

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
People think I am insane because I'm frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me, occupy my brain?

Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

Edited by copper123

I could just imagine ozzy osbourne in parliment singing this with crusifix and a load of bats flying round him

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind

People think I am insane because I'm frowning all the time

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me, occupy my brain?

Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find

I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry

Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state

I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

Some of those MPs are paranoid, that's for sure

With you Rob, ignorance of the 3 Rs is rife it seems, even amongst otherwise 'well-educated' people!

If you can learn deffo, then you might as well learn both definitely and defiantly. That gives you two words with which to bamboozle the general populace instead of using a 'one size fits all' term. I don't object to the occasional error because we are all human, but people could at least demonstrate they have the fundamentals in place.

As a lover of grammar, I couldn't agree more. It especially pains me to see younger people who've just giving up altogether and resort to things like 'L8' for late or just completely dropping vowels from words  

If I remember correctly, the millionth(?) word added to dictionary was web2.0. Thats when I truly gave up hope. 

On 10/24/2015 at 10:13 AM, Rob said:

Do you mean Sharon or Ozzie? I presume you mean Sharon, as the only coherent half of the partnership she is the one most likely to construct an offensive statement.

Not sure why the other two though.

I've no problem with David Cameron, Iain Duncan-Smith, Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne, nor Gideon "George" Osborne.

Edited by 1949threepence

21 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

As a lover of grammar, I couldn't agree more. It especially pains me to see younger people who've just giving up altogether and resort to things like 'L8' for late or just completely dropping vowels from words  

If I remember correctly, the millionth(?) word added to dictionary was web2.0. Thats when I truly gave up hope. 

What makes me cringe is "should of" "would of" and "could of", instead of "have", along with "loose" for "lose" 

As for text speak, well I'll cu L8er m8 :ph34r:

Yes please repeat after me Mr cammeron -

"I should have been nicer to Immigrants"

"I could of been nicer to immigrants"

"I would of been nicer to immIgrants"

But theres no votes innit for me 'cause they are all Dailly Mail readers.

DAVID CAMMERON