British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

..then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button

Which button is the multiquote button then? :huh:

I have always used the insert quotation icon and cut and pasted the bits that others have said that I wanted to appear between the two brackets.

..then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button

I have always used the insert quotation icon and cut and pasted the bits that others have said that I wanted to appear between the two brackets.

You know how there are two buttons under each post, bottom right? One says 'Reply', the other says 'Multiquote'. Either way, you get the original post(s) already placed in your reply, marked with a 'Quote / EndQuote'. I wouldn't even know where the "insert quotation icon" is if it jumped up and bit me :lol:

Azda....lol....

how do I do a reply using a previous reply or part thereof.........??

Click on the reply that you wish to reply to, then reply.. Seriously lol

If you want to use just a part of a previous reply, you'll have to edit the raw post data. Just be aware that the tags (items in square brackets) appear in pairs, so just be careful what you delete and if you are not sure - use the preview post to see how it will look.

And if you want to reply to SEVERAL posts ...

...even ones that quote one or more of the posts that you've already picked out... :D

...then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button, edit everything to your heart's content, and voilà!

Or just edit the html as you wish! :D

You know how there are two buttons under each post, bottom right? One says 'Reply', the other says 'Multiquote'. Either way, you get the original post(s) already placed in your reply, marked with a 'Quote / EndQuote'. I wouldn't even know where the "insert quotation icon" is if it jumped up and bit me :lol:

You can even wrap a number of posts in double quote tags, so they all appear together ~ as above. Useful if you are replying to a few posts all relating to the same point, within a larger post reply.

Edited by 1949threepence

Azda....lol....

If you want to use just a part of a previous reply, you'll have to edit the raw post data. Just be aware that the tags (items in square brackets) appear in pairs, so just be careful what you delete and if you are not sure - use the preview post to see how it will look.

...even ones that quote one or more of the posts that you've already picked out... :D

...then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button, edit everything to your heart's content, and voilà!

You can even wrap a number of posts in double quote tags, so they all appear together ~ as above. Useful if you are replying to a few posts all relating to the same point, within a larger post reply.

You mean, put an extra [quoote] at the beginning and an extra [/quoote] at the end? (Misspellings necessary just here, of course :D )

Edited by Peckris

You mean, put an extra [quoote] at the beginning and an extra [/quoote] at the end? (Misspellings necessary just here, of course :D )

Yes, literally that ;)

Very simple, but it's a trick that most haven't picked up on, in any forum.

Azda....lol....

Ooooh yes now I see it Peck - thanks! :D

Not feeling in any way negative at the moment, but I invite all to post their frustrations here. eBay related stuff is taken as read, so apart from that! My top 3 would be:

1. Rubbish scans/pics by sellers and auctioneers
  2. Grading for type which for me means grading by rarity, in other words the rarer the coin the more lax the grading
  3. Ignorance from numismatic professionals, including dealers and BNTA members

I feel better now having posted that!!!

Just going back to the original post in this thread, and point 1 ~ some of the pics used by London coins in their forthcoming auction are so dark you can barely make out anything. Really awful photography.

Sorry to abruptly change the subject :blink:

Not feeling in any way negative at the moment, but I invite all to post their frustrations here. eBay related stuff is taken as read, so apart from that! My top 3 would be:

1. Rubbish scans/pics by sellers and auctioneers
  2. Grading for type which for me means grading by rarity, in other words the rarer the coin the more lax the grading
  3. Ignorance from numismatic professionals, including dealers and BNTA members

I feel better now having posted that!!!

Just going back to the original post in this thread, and point 1 ~ some of the pics used by London coins in their forthcoming auction are so dark you can barely make out anything. Really awful photography.

Sorry to abruptly change the subject :blink:

Quite right '49, but anything goes here! At least that was the intention of my OP!

Ebay sellers who dont put coins in there correct catagory/ im fed up looking at halfpennys :angry:

love it when something turns up in the wrong catagory and as a result is cheap :D

Edited by scott

People who text in a continuous stream of lower case letters, whose only concession to the concept of punctuation is to add a colon in order to make a smiley. :angry:

The codes for which they know off by heart, needless to say.

Edited by Rob

People who text in a continuous stream of lower case letters, whose only concession to the concept of punctuation is to add a colon in order to make a smiley. :angry:

I also can't stand the abbreviated nonsense, again all in lower case!

c u tmoz 4 t dont b l8 :angry:

I also can't stand the abbreviated nonsense, again all in lower case!

c u tmoz 4 t dont b l8 :angry:

It's alright, I've just had an enquiry on the website that I will have to decipher. If not immediately obvious, I will ask them to clarify in English.

eBay's new mailing set-up, that doesn't allow you to just 'send' an email to just one person...they only have 'send and go to next' as an option! Cheeky bar-stewards! :angry:

People who phone you up to confirm an appointment, but won't divulge any details of said appointment before they have your inside leg measurement, bank details & what you ate for tea last night. Three of these today and I'm rapidly getting p'd off. Like the bank person who had previously sent me correspondence, made a phone call out of the blue just before the New Year, but wouldn't discuss what she phoned about because I refused to give security info. I said that she could send it by post if important - nothing has appeared 5 weeks on. What a surprise.

And this forum's search facility. :angry: I typed in Room 101 knowing that was the thread title and yet it gave me three pages of answers before appearing as the last item on the list. You would have thought that a specific title would show up first - or is that too obvious.

It's been a bad day, and it isn't getting any better. Humph.

People who phone you up to confirm an appointment, but won't divulge any details of said appointment before they have your inside leg measurement, bank details & what you ate for tea last night. Three of these today and I'm rapidly getting p'd off. Like the bank person who had previously sent me correspondence, made a phone call out of the blue just before the New Year, but wouldn't discuss what she phoned about because I refused to give security info. I said that she could send it by post if important - nothing has appeared 5 weeks on. What a surprise.

And this forum's search facility. :angry:I typed in Room 101 knowing that was the thread title and yet it gave me three pages of answers before appearing as the last item on the list. You would have thought that a specific title would show up first - or is that too obvious.

It's been a bad day, and it isn't getting any better. Humph.

If you surround it with "" ("Room 101") you only get half a dozen items. That's generally true everywhere for searching, whether on your own computer or online. The "" means 'only look for this complete phrase', but without them, it thinks you want anything with either 'Room' OR '101' in.

• Like 1

Thanks. :) Didn't know that. It might make searching more productive as I usually give up after the first few pages of results.

The vacuous wittering of arts/tv/film/media critics such as the eponymous Mr Commode, whose gushing output is akin to one of Thomas Crapper's patented finest.

Edited by Rob

I thought I would resurrect this thread with a coin description that annoys me on SO many levels! Several eBay sellers seem to be fond of it!:

In Very Good Condition for its age

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!

• Like 1

The lovely Mrs Bagerap was reading over my shoulder and saw

“In Very Good Condition for its age”

"Not talking about you then" she remarked.

• Like 1

The lovely Mrs Bagerap was reading over my shoulder and saw

In Very Good Condition for its age

"Not talking about you then" she remarked.

Haha :D

my small ebay peeve is people that list something as "hammered coins" only for me to open it up and there is only 1 there and those 4 seconds are forever lost to my life :(

people who call cn silver - dont think I am alone in that one