British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

No Ads on Sky F1 during the race,and i cant think of there being many breaks for ads at all:)

No Ads on Sky F1 during the race,and i cant think of there being many breaks for ads at all:)

On ITV you'd be watching a great duel, and one driver positioning himself for an overtake, then BANG! - no, not a crash :D bl00dy adverts. By the time they'd finished, the manoeuvre was done. At least with C4 cricket, they just squeezed one ad in at the end of each over.

I've just checked my Tesco burgers in the fridge....AND THEY ARE OFF.

Put me right off my quarter panda...

Oh...and Ryanair.

Couldn't agree more.

cricket would be better as just adverts.

How very dare you. Best game in the world.

ITV

Any radio, TV or internet content with adverts for me, although ours are probably the most tolerable anywhere in the world

For the first time in a few months I ended up on ITV to watch the FA Cup last weekend. Why would anyone watch five minutes of play, then the same amount of adverts all repeated ad infinitum? I watched three games before stopping as it was excruciating. Given that I probably only turn on ITV four or five times in a year, this recent tale of woe reminded me that even this is too often. I wonder if they realise there is more to life than LCD programming? Just kidding, nobody could really expect them to raise the quality above current levels.

You're not really a football fan, are you Rob? :D I can only think you switched on 5 minutes before half time - has no-one told you that even on ITV you get two entire halfs uninterrupted by ads? You must be thinking of Formula1, where ITV indeed interrupted the race for adverts at frequent intervals! (I wonder if Sky do the same, or if you get the whole race?)

They do show live matches on ITV, which are not interrupted by ads, except at half time. Match of the Day on the BBC shows edited highlights, but of course, they have no ads.

I've just checked my Tesco burgers in the fridge....AND THEY ARE OFF.

:lol:

cricket would be better as just adverts.

How very dare you. Best game in the world.

You have to make allowances - scott is a Man Utd supporter, and you know what they say :D :D :D

I was just looking at the highlights in the evening, hence the almost uninterrupted schedule of adverts. It isn't restricted to football though. If you have a documentary, the advert frequency is again a problem. Here they spend the first minute or two of the intervening program blocks explaining what happened in the previous 5 minutes. It's hardly inspiring as it gives little scope for an in depth discussion of the topic and as for a 2 hour documentary which would allow for a much better dissemination of the information and therefore understanding for the viewer - forget it.

I was just looking at the highlights in the evening, hence the almost uninterrupted schedule of adverts. It isn't restricted to football though. If you have a documentary, the advert frequency is again a problem. Here they spend the first minute or two of the intervening program blocks explaining what happened in the previous 5 minutes. It's hardly inspiring as it gives little scope for an in depth discussion of the topic and as for a 2 hour documentary which would allow for a much better dissemination of the information and therefore understanding for the viewer - forget it.

That is SO annoying! And at its worst in a half hour BBC series (you know, the provider that doesn't have adverts...) where the presenter says - after two minutes on one topic - "Coming up..." and refers to what the next two minutes will be about. Then "Coming up..." as he announces they are returning to the previous bit that ended two minutes ago. Jeez. How short do they think our attention span is, FFS ?

eBay listings using stock photos that don't mention the fact. Then some shocking piece of shite turns up that looks nothing like the rather nice coin you thought you'd bought.

eBay listings using stock photos that don't mention the fact. Then some shocking piece of shite turns up that looks nothing like the rather nice coin you thought you'd bought.

Having exactly this issue right now with a 1942 florin. I could buy hundreds like the EF one I received, which the seller is insisting is the same coin, despite the fact I've pointed to another of his listings that has an image of the coin I've got!

I did get a 'perhaps you can give me a call to discuss this'? Which I duly did, without the call being answered OR returned!

I even offered to post the coin on to the winning bidder of his other '42 auction that was due to finish, just to say us all a lot of time and wasted postage...but no!

On the coin front my pet hate is the 'me expert, you d*ckhead' attitude of many of the old school dealers.

On the general front...it banks at lunch times..despite still making £billions of pounds profits and despite almost 3 million people being out of work...at lunch times they still manage to have only a skeleton staff on the tills..of which one till is normall fully occupied by a retailer depositing their takings in numerous bags which take forever to be counted and effectively tie up 50% of the available two tills.

Oh...and Ryanair.

(Azda, do you want to mark my spelling and syntax)?

Aye, if you have problems writing i'll gladly help the uneducated anyway i can.

Fank u, mutch appreeshiated..

Having exactly this issue right now with a 1942 florin. I could buy hundreds like the EF one I received, which the seller is insisting is the same coin, despite the fact I've pointed to another of his listings that has an image of the coin I've got!

I did get a 'perhaps you can give me a call to discuss this'? Which I duly did, without the call being answered OR returned!

I even offered to post the coin on to the winning bidder of his other '42 auction that was due to finish, just to save us all a lot of time and wasted postage...but no!

Happens all too frequently, I'm afraid.

Edited by Nick

I even offered to post the coin on to the winning bidder of his other '42 auction that was due to finish, just to save us all a lot of time and wasted postage...but no!

Happens all too frequently, I'm afraid.

Just file a not as described, usually works.

Fank u, mutch appreeshiated..

Perfekt Englisch

That is SO annoying! And at its worst in a half hour BBC series (you know, the provider that doesn't have adverts...) where the presenter says - after two minutes on one topic - "Coming up..." and refers to what the next two minutes will be about. Then "Coming up..." as he announces they are returning to the previous bit that ended two minutes ago. Jeez. How short do they think our attention span is, FFS ?

And the insistence of always naming every (overpaid) presenter at every opportunity. Like we really care who they are.

Newsreader: "Let's get the latest from Sally Unpronounceable outside Buckingham Palace"

Sally: "Thank you John. This is Sally Unpronounceable outside Buckingham Palace. The big news here is that there's been no coming or going from the palace all morning. If anything changes, we'll be here live to report it. Back to John Smarmy, in the studio."

Newsreader: "Thank you Sally. That was Sally Unpronounceable, live outside Buckingham Palace with the very latest. We'll be straight back there as soon as there's any news".

Azda....lol....

how do I do a reply using a previous reply or part thereof.........??

Azda....lol....

Click on the reply that you wish to reply to, then reply.. Seriously lol

Azda....lol....

If you want to use just a part of a previous reply, you'll have to edit the raw post data. Just be aware that the tags (items in square brackets) appear in pairs, so just be careful what you delete and if you are not sure - use the preview post to see how it will look.

Azda....lol....

And if you want to reply to SEVERAL posts ...

Azda....lol....

Click on the reply that you wish to reply to, then reply.. Seriously lol

...even ones that quote one or more of the posts that you've already picked out... :D

If you want to use just a part of a previous reply, you'll have to edit the raw post data. Just be aware that the tags (items in square brackets) appear in pairs, so just be careful what you delete and if you are not sure - use the preview post to see how it will look.

...then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button, edit everything to your heart's content, and voilà!

And if you want to reply to SEVERAL posts ...

...even ones that quote one or more of the posts that you've already picked out... :D

...then click the Multiquote button against each post you want to include, then finally click the Add Reply button, edit everything to your heart's content, and voilà!

Or just edit the html as you wish! :D