British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

TomGoodheart

Want, want, WANT!

I was going to say that it looked very familiar and that I think I know where you can get one... until I read the bottom and saw that it was the exact same one I found :P

LOL I have to say I've never seen one before (although I've not looke that hard) though there was reference to one in the BNJ and I was curious. A small coin for a weight (usually it's the more valuble gold denominations that people want to check obviously!) It got me wondering if this example is a good weight or not ..

And here's a fine work one for comparison:

G1_2perfect.jpg

Very nice indeed. It may be the picture but I wonder what's going on in the obverse field? it looks like either rub or buffed down to get rid of hairlines.

Is there any thing you was after

A good grade Charles I shilling with the (P) mint mark would be nice ...

:D

A longevity pill so that I am still around when the pieces I would dearly like to acquire resurface. Some pieces could be off the market for a century or more which is longer than I have time to wait.

A longevity pill so that I am still around when the pieces I would dearly like to acquire resurface. Some pieces could be off the market for a century or more which is longer than I have time to wait.

Oh, well, if we're talking those kinds of wants, I think a time machine would solve a lot of our problems Rob! :D

Hi all,

I am looking to complete my QEII collection and I am missing a good 1957 calm sea 1/2d. Does anyone have a spare or one they would like to sell? The ones I have found so far are not clean enough although the grade is there in some of them. Preferably in EF but would be happy with a good clean VF.

Regards

Clearly, anything "I was after" I have now either acquired or no longer have an interest in obtaining. :D

Hi all,

I am looking to complete my QEII collection and I am missing a good 1957 calm sea 1/2d. Does anyone have a spare or one they would like to sell? The ones I have found so far are not clean enough although the grade is there in some of them. Preferably in EF but would be happy with a good clean VF.

Regards

I may, but the question is "where". If I don't reply within a week, please assume what I was looking for hasn't turned up (I may even have sold my spares to Chris a few years ago, but I'll look out for you).

Clearly, anything "I was after" I have now either acquired or no longer have an interest in obtaining. :D

Surely, you mean, "anything I were after" :D

Hi all,

Regards

I may, but the question is "where". If I don't reply within a week, please assume what I was looking for hasn't turned up (I may even have sold my spares to Chris a few years ago, but I'll look out for you).

Surely, you mean, "anything I were after" :D

Thanks Peckris!

Hi all,

Regards

Punch 1957 halfpenny into ebay search and they crop up.They are not rare but have 4 varieties.

Hi all,

Regards

Punch 1957 halfpenny into ebay search and they crop up.They are not rare but have 4 varieties.

Thanks Peter,

Was looking yesterday and didn't find any that fit the bill as it were, but I have a search saved just waiting on the right one I suppose,

damn I have become picky to say the least! :P

Regards

We do need a 'wants' section! Hopefully this will still be read despite it being under 'Items for Sale'!

I have decided to ask if there are any readers of this Forum who might have the following non-rare items for sale, as I have been frustrated in finding coins that match my grade/price/eye appeal criteria though the usual channels. There are plenty of these coins available for sale, but I haven't found the ones I would cherish in my collection as yet.

I am looking for:

• George II LIMA HC in GVF or better
  • George IV CR in EF or better
  • Charles II HC in VF or better
  • W&M HC 2nd bust in VF or better (i.e. 1691-1693)
  • George I CR in GF or better
  • George II CR in GF or better

If anyone has anything for sale matching these criteria please PM me!

We do need a 'wants' section! Hopefully this will still be read despite it being under 'Items for Sale'!

I have decided to ask if there are any readers of this Forum who might have the following non-rare items for sale, as I have been frustrated in finding coins that match my grade/price/eye appeal criteria though the usual channels. There are plenty of these coins available for sale, but I haven't found the ones I would cherish in my collection as yet.

I am looking for:

Proofs any good Paul? You've probably seen it but I just picked this to give a mention to Lloyd's site in case you hadn't found it in your searches.

He has some decent stuff and the prices are more sensible than many I've found.

GEORGE%20IV%20CROWN%201821%20PROOF.jpg

I am looking for:

Proofs any good Paul? You've probably seen it but I just picked this to give a mention to Lloyd's site in case you hadn't found it in your searches.

He has some decent stuff and the prices are more sensible than many I've found.

GEORGE%20IV%20CROWN%201821%20PROOF.jpg

He has some fantastic stuff and I am often sorely tempted when looking through it! Thanks for digging out this gorgeous coin and posting it, I am trying very hard not to add collecting proofs to my list!

Anyone know how cheap the RM silver pennies they make for baby gifts go for? For some inexplicable reason (I tell myself it could be the final coin in a series of siver pennies going back to the Viking kings LOL) I just fancied a silver 1p. But I didn't want to spend crazy money. Nor do I need a 2013 coin.

I see 2009s going for a bit less, but wondered if anyone knows a cheap source? I don't care if it's boy, girl or .. beige was it? I'm only interested in the penny. And price!

Anyone know how cheap the RM silver pennies they make for baby gifts go for? For some inexplicable reason (I tell myself it could be the final coin in a series of siver pennies going back to the Viking kings LOL) I just fancied a silver 1p. But I didn't want to spend crazy money. Nor do I need a 2013 coin.

I see 2009s going for a bit less, but wondered if anyone knows a cheap source? I don't care if it's boy, girl or .. beige was it? I'm only interested in the penny. And price!

OK, I found one on ebay for what I thought was an acceptable £10.99 including postage. Oddly enough when I paid it turned out I'd bought from the RM. Rather better than the £33 they are asking on their website for this year's issue!

However I am now (still) after a few auction catalogues and thought there's no harm posting here, just in case anyone has or spots one, so here goes:

Glendining 24 Mar 1920 Catalogue of a Choice Collection of English Coins from Edward VI to Present Day, formed by Mr Grant R. Francis

Sotheby 17 Oct 1921 Catalogue of the Important Collection of Hammered English silver coins of the period Edward I to Charles II; The property of Raymond Carlyon-Britton Esq

Sotheby & Co 20 - 24 November, 1933 Catalogue of the Valuable Collection of Coins Formed by the Late Colonel H. W. Morrieson.

Sotheby 17 June 1935 Sir K P Vaughan-Morgan.

Glendining 25 April 1955 Deceased Lady Collector (Helen Farquhar collection)

The first particularly interests me. The others will depend on cost and condition. And if named and priced, even better!

Thanks!

Edited by TomGoodheart

We do need a 'wants' section! Hopefully this will still be read despite it being under 'Items for Sale'!I have decided to ask if there are any readers of this Forum who might have the following non-rare items for sale, as I have been frustrated in finding coins that match my grade/price/eye appeal criteria though the usual channels. There are plenty of these coins available for sale, but I haven't found the ones I would cherish in my collection as yet.I am looking for:

Lloyd also has a GEF LIMA HALFCROWN

Thanks Dave, well remembered! My list is currently:

• George II LIMA HC in EF or better
  • George I CR in VF or better

Thanks Dave, well remembered! My list is currently:

• George II LIMA HC in EF or better
  • George I CR in VF or better

You could all of these in the next two weeks. Spink have all three. DNW could provide a Ch2 2/6d, as could St. James's which also have a G1 5/-, Corbitts don't have a G1 5/-, but do have the others. Spoilt for choice.

Thanks Rob! I find plenty in my searches but they often fail the eye appeal test! Haven't looked at these yet though ...

I agree Paulus.

If it doesn't look nice I avoid.

Bit of an update.

I am still after a few auction catalogues:

Sotheby 17 Oct 1921 Catalogue of the Important Collection of Hammered English silver coins of the period Edward I to Charles II; The property of Raymond Carlyon-Britton Esq

Sotheby & Co 20 - 24 November, 1933 Catalogue of the Valuable Collection of Coins Formed by the Late Colonel H. W. Morrieson.

Sotheby 17 June 1935 Sir K P Vaughan-Morgan.

Glendining & Co 22 January 1952 Catalogue of Greek, Roman, English and Scottish Coins Formed by the Late V.J.E. Ryan - Second Part English, Scottish and Irish Silver Coins

Depending on cost and condition. Preferably named and priced if possible!

Thanks!

Do you need any lot info? I am using all four as we write.

Do you need any lot info? I am using all four as we write.

Nothing specific Rob. I just thought it would be fun to look the pictures. :lol:

There you go, just for you - Morrieson 555

post-381-0-81487800-1417041551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob