British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

Ok, lets get price collecting...

Although i like doing gothic florins, there is alot of them!

Although i like doing gothic florins, there is alot of them!

Indeed that's why i declined to do them in the end.

When will the next Spink be out then..........no chris I am not converting, I just need one because everyone else will have one and will use it as their first price fuide reference.

When will the next Spink be out then..........no chris I am not converting, I just need one because everyone else will have one and will use it as their first price fuide reference.

probably september ;)

Can somebody straighten a few questions out? I've been allocated farthings and fractions with JMD but which prices do I collect? On Mr Cooke's site, he only displays sold prices for coins with pictures (when price > £20) and farthings rarely go above that, so I can't find out what they sold for. Also, how should I go aboutn collecting eBay prices? Should I collect them in the last 24hrs of an auction or the last 30mins?

Thanks in advance :D

Chris i still owe you the Geo III-W4 and Eliz II sixpences, not to mention the circulation Britannia groats... plus the front cover!

Just to let you know i haven't forgotten, is there a deadline that you really need all this for?

I'll try and finish the sixpences off in the next few days, then get the groats slowly done. The front cover is done i've just got to figure out a way of sending it to you! :D

I have the Marles prices, which I will also factor in (probably). The prices will not be changed until I finish the actual book, and I'm up to Edward Florins in text, and The cartwheel 2d in pictures and text. So it's going to take me another few weeks to get finished without the prices (although I'm getting hard into it lately, the Oct publishing date is getting closer and closer)

So, do it as soon as you can, but obviously don't get an ulser.

I have the Marles prices, which I will also factor in (probably).

Ah don't do that with the prices i've supplied cos mine already have Marles taken into account cos that's how i did it! Uless you think Coincraft needs cancelling out further?

Can anyone answer my previous post?

Can somebody straighten a few questions out? I've been allocated farthings and fractions with JMD but which prices do I collect? On Mr Cooke's site, he only displays sold prices for coins with pictures (when price > £20) and farthings rarely go above that, so I can't find out what they sold for. Also, how should I go aboutn collecting eBay prices? Should I collect them in the last 24hrs of an auction or the last 30mins?

Thanks in advance :D

bumpedy bump, ttt.

What i did... i basically got trhe most underpriced book on the market (the Marles) and one from the other end of the spectrum... CoinCraft, and i averaged them out based on my own judgement. Simple!

But i bet you don't have a CoinCraft do you? :lol:

Too right! I'm going to London soon and I'm going to pop in to Coincraft to buy a copy, and see what they have on offer - if anything.

Edit: D'ya reckon it would be ok if I used CC2004 and Spink's and averaged??

Edited by Emperor Oli

Edit: D'ya reckon it would be ok if I used CC2004 and Spink's and averaged??

hmm...i wouldn't trust spink's too much, they seem to overprice many coins...

Edit:  D'ya reckon it would be ok if I used CC2004 and Spink's and averaged??

hmm...i wouldn't trust spink's too much, they seem to overprice many coins...

I thought CC's chronically underpriced many coins...

I thought Spinks weren't too far off, we'll they aren't in my area of experience infact they are just underpricing some issues.

I guess with the more modern coins though, i think all the catalogues are over pricing, £1 for a UNC 1967 halfpenny, in my experience you can get about 7 or 8 for £1.

I think we need Chris' final say on this!

Oli,

If you do an advanced search on ebay you can choose to see the items that have sold, so that will reveal probably new useful farthing prices daily. Sorry I missed your question. I missed a lot when I was in the UK.

I want to try to not make this book an average of a high book and a low book unless that's absolutley neccessary, and thought to be accurate. I know it won't be possible with everything, but it would be good if the prices are what people are paying.

I'll make a note this weekend to offer the rotographic database as a download, so you can all see what's already there.

Thanks for clearing that up - I'll try it now!