British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

A Rotographic database league table!

I just thought for fun I would reveal the big contributors to the British Coin price database on www.rotographic.co.uk.

There are almost 250 coin price entries in there now and I have started looking over them and converting them to excel format for easier viewing. If you have entered 1 or 50 pieces of data, it's all good stuff, and I really am grateful to you, so don't feel bad if you not on this list.

The top 5 database contributors are:

Name (number of entries)

Chris Perkins (80)

Custard1966 (66)

Master JMD (31)

Kuhli (18)

Mike Jones (15)

The rest are made up from (in no order) William, Emp Oli, Edward, Half Penny Jon and 4 passers by!

Keep up the good work.

So that means that you will get a free copt of CC2005 Chris, well done! :lol:

Yes, lucky me!

As you know, all you lot are officially helpers anyway, so you'll all get one.

At this stage I think Mike Jones deserves one too!

Chris,

It might be good if you let us know what denominations and periods you are most looking for. Right now of course, with only 250 entries, you need pretty much everything, but periodic prods from you could help keep us lot motivated. Especially worth knowing about would be coins that have shown great volitility in recent years. Then we could go out and look for those. This would help especially with tracking on eBay.

Chris,

It might be good if you let us know what denominations and periods you are most looking for.  Right now of course, with only 250 entries, you need pretty much everything, but periodic prods from you could help keep us lot motivated.  Especially worth knowing about would be coins that have shown great volitility in recent years.  Then we could go out and look for those.  This would help especially with tracking on eBay.

That's a very good point.

I've been logging those pennies that've caught my interest and those have tended to be towards the top end.

That's a very good point Edward, but like you say, at the moment I really need everything. From 50p coins to £50,000 coins!

Okay what have i missed? What are we talking about here? (bearing in mind i'm on about 6 forums here i sometimes skim read posts or not read posts)

Well i'm disheartened by your lack of attention, especially as my only moderator! ;)

We're not talking about much special, just the number and type of entries in the Rotographic coin database.

Well i'm disheartened by your lack of attention, especially as my only moderator! ;)

We're not talking about much special, just the number and type of entries in the Rotographic coin database.

I've had a very busy day today... so i'm not thinking straight... got myself a new coin too!

In august i'm gonna get a list drawn up of the sixpences as show in the last edition of CC and i'll start fillig in the prices and then i'll email you it all... ha ha!

Erm, Chris, thats where i come in...

I'll be a mod!!!!! :D;)

I had a feeling someone would say that! No doubt you beat Oli to it.

The thing is, no one is ever out of line in here, so at the moment Sylvester and I can more than handle things.

Oh come on Chris i do check this forum daily and i do try and answer questions where i can... it's just i've had alot on lately.

Blieb cool man, I know! And I know it's in good hands.

Oh right... :D

I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something too. At risk of sounding incrediblky stupid, how to be get access to the database other than through your periodic updates which point us to it? I'm only too happy to help but how do we get access to info?

PS - no desire to be a moderator. I'll just berate the historically challenged from the comfort of the forum :D

I had a feeling someone would say that! No doubt you beat Oli to it.

The thing is, no one is ever out of line in here, so at the moment Sylvester and I can more than handle things.

Talking of Oli, he must be on his hols, he hasn't been active lately! :o:D

I've emailed Geoff, telling him where to go.

Chris, do you want the commemorative Crowns and £5's of decimalisation in your book?

Yes, decimal is in. So are commems of course.

could you just email me and tell me where to go too... i do remember going on the siote origninally but i got a bit confused and lost...

Talking of Oli, he must be on his hols, he hasn't been active lately!

Yep, I was in Paris since Monday using Toytown money. We stayed in the Marignan-Elysees which is about 100m off the Avenue des Champs-Elysees. It was very nice and we did all the usual stuff (Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre). We also did the Musee d'Orsay which has quite a few Impressionist paintings and lots of objets d'art, especially a bust called "Baronne" or something like that by Rodin which especially caught my eye. Also, we went to see a show called Bonheur at the Lido on the Champs-Elysees which was spectacular and full of half naked women which can't be bad! My feet are dead from all the walking about through gardens and galleries too. Ermmm that's about it actually - ooh, and only one surly Frenchman encountered!