British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Wow. What a day at the Olympics.

Congratulations to the mens four - GOLD :)

Congratulations to the womens lightwieght sculls - GOLD :)

Congratulations to the mens lightweight sculls - SILVER

Congratulations to the womens cycling pursuit team - GOLD :) Setting SIX consecutive world records from heats to final!

Congratulations to Jessica Ennis, heptathlete - GOLD :)

Congratulations to Greg Rutherford, long jump - GOLD :)

Congratulations to Mo Farrah, our first ever 10,000m - GOLD :)

Not forgetting Andy Murray - through to the GOLD / SILVER tennis final tomorrow with Roger Federer

And Andy Murray & Laura Robson - through to the GOLD / SILVER mixed doubles final tomorrow

And the biggest cheer to Team GB who went out of the football in a ... yes ... you guessed ... a penalty shoot out !

Forgive me tootling the British horn, let's face it we don't get this opportunity all that often. :D

After being in a drunken haze all day.

I shall watch it all later.

Just returned from a party (one of MRS Peter's school friends) he is now a multi millionaire.

You can stuff swimming pools,sauna's tennis courts,25 acres,12 bedrooms,Porsche/Aston's/Ducatti/ where the sun doesn't shine.

I have a much better coin collection though. :)

Just returned from a party (one of MRS Peter's school friends) he is now a multi millionaire.

You can stuff swimming pools,sauna's tennis courts,25 acres,12 bedrooms,Porsche/Aston's/Ducatti/ where the sun doesn't shine.

Why do you want to send all the swimming pools, tennis court etc to Manchester? :unsure:

It must be an indoor pool as there's not enough sunshine in the UK for an outdoor pool. And i will concur with Peck, been a great Olympics for the British team. They must have the best cycling team in the world right now.

Edited by azda

It must be an indoor pool as there's not enough sunshine in the UK for an outdoor pool. And i will concur with Peck, been a great Olympics for the British team. They must have the best cycling team in the world right now.

As far as cycling and rowing are concerned, it's actually a very clever policy by the Brits first rolled out in Beijing. You target the 'soft' (i.e. not that many people participating worldwide) sports with lots of medals on offer and allocate disproportionate resources to them - result, shedloads of medals. Doesn't explain our three athletics golds though!

Although I do have some sympathy with Oscar Wilde on patriotism, it's still nice to see us doing well.

As far as cycling and rowing are concerned, it's actually a very clever policy by the Brits first rolled out in Beijing. You target the 'soft' (i.e. not that many people participating worldwide) sports with lots of medals on offer and allocate disproportionate resources to them - result, shedloads of medals. Doesn't explain our three athletics golds though!

Although I do have some sympathy with Oscar Wilde on patriotism, it's still nice to see us doing well.

That's an interesting point - some sports have lots of medals where others (horse-riding teams for example) have to take part in three separate disciplines over several days, to win one medal. There again, if it wasn't for the athletics tradition, you could argue that running 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, 10000m, and a marathon, are the ultimate in lots of medals!

Which is why I'm so admiring of events where they have lots of sports in one medal - e.g. decathlon and heptathlon. As for the triathlon, my jaw dropped when I saw what those women achieved : swimming 1.5km freestyle in wetsuits, getting straight out of the water, discarding wetsuits as they went (down boy :rolleyes: ), getting onto their bikes and taking part in a 43km race, then parking their bikes and going straight off on a 10km run. Should have been a platinum medal for winning that, with a special medal for everyone just for taking part!

That's an interesting point - some sports have lots of medals where others (horse-riding teams for example) have to take part in three separate disciplines over several days, to win one medal. There again, if it wasn't for the athletics tradition, you could argue that running 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, 10000m, and a marathon, are the ultimate in lots of medals!

Which is why I'm so admiring of events where they have lots of sports in one medal - e.g. decathlon and heptathlon. As for the triathlon, my jaw dropped when I saw what those women achieved : swimming 1.5km freestyle in wetsuits, getting straight out of the water, discarding wetsuits as they went (down boy :rolleyes: ), getting onto their bikes and taking part in a 43km race, then parking their bikes and going straight off on a 10km run. Should have been a platinum medal for winning that, with a special medal for everyone just for taking part!

There is also the 'ironman' triathlon (not an Olympic event yet):

3.8 km swim, followed by a 180 km bike ride, followed by a full marathon!!!!

I can do a full marathon,but I think they are called snickers nowadays. B)

And a gold for Ainsley in the sailing!

There was me thinking sailing was some nice leisurely pursuit. It's not - it's all out war!

:)

David,

Its been a great show from Great Britain. We have watched it here in Indianapolis, every evening (it is not shown live, only recorded and shown in the evening).

I especially like the opening with the Queen and 007!

Ye gods - and the competitors actually survive???

There was me thinking sailing was some nice leisurely pursuit. It's not - it's all out war!

:)

Too right! If someone tries to steal your wind, anything goes :D

Wow. What a day at the Olympics.

Congratulations to the mens four - GOLD :)

Congratulations to the womens lightwieght sculls - GOLD :)

Congratulations to the mens lightweight sculls - SILVER

Congratulations to the womens cycling pursuit team - GOLD :) Setting SIX consecutive world records from heats to final!

Congratulations to Jessica Ennis, heptathlete - GOLD :)

Congratulations to Greg Rutherford, long jump - GOLD :)

Congratulations to Mo Farrah, our first ever 10,000m - GOLD :)

Not forgetting Andy Murray - through to the GOLD / SILVER tennis final tomorrow with Roger Federer

And Andy Murray & Laura Robson - through to the GOLD / SILVER mixed doubles final tomorrow

And the biggest cheer to Team GB who went out of the football in a ... yes ... you guessed ... a penalty shoot out !

Forgive me tootling the British horn, let's face it we don't get this opportunity all that often. :D

I heard the Poles are still leading the table for Brass, Lead and copper

AND GO ANDY MURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY: Pity he could'nt have done it in the Wimbeldon final, but hey ho, maybe one day my son......But well done to him

I once went on holiday with his sister. Absolutely true, but not as exciting as it sounds...

I once went on holiday with his sister. Absolutely true, but not as exciting as it sounds...

I once went on holiday with my sister. Absolutely true, but not as exciting as it sounds...

anyhow ive been at the olympics all week taking photos.....post some here when the dust settles.

I once went on holiday with my sister. Absolutely true, but not as exciting as it sounds...

anyhow ive been at the olympics all week taking photos.....post some here when the dust settles.

Wow and here is me thinking I was the only one who has been on holiday with my sister. :P

I'm looking forward to the Olympic pickies. :)