British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

What would you grade this as?

Nice coin with mucho lustre remaining

post-5057-062707400 1343910520_thumb.jpg

There is very little wear.It could be cabinet friction.

If not A/unc certainly GEF.

Cracking coin :)

There is very little wear.It could be cabinet friction.

If not A/unc certainly GEF.

Cracking coin :)

I agree with Peter and pies (hey, that has quite a poetry to it!) - GEF minimum, possibly AUnc. Yes, a lovely coin.

I agree with Peter and pies (hey, that has quite a poetry to it!) - GEF minimum, possibly AUnc. Yes, a lovely coin.

PLEASE not the pie thread again (that's a different PIE to you PIES...drove my chevy to the...)! :rolleyes:

PLEASE not the pie thread again (that's a different PIE to you PIES...drove my chevy to the...)! :rolleyes:

That's a pretty nasty ding on the rim at I in GEORGIUS, and what appears to be a bit of rust breaking through the copper-plate at the 7 in date. ;)

That's a pretty nasty ding on the rim at I in GEORGIUS, and what appears to be a bit of rust breaking through the copper-plate at the 7 in date. ;)

I wouldn't call that a circulation edge knock and would rate it as struck.

Getting hold of a decent cartwheel,nice tone,good rims is a challenge.

Ding My arse, have you Seen some of the shite with rim dings?

Given the unprecedented applause for the coin, I thought a bit of tongue-in-cheek opposition would easily be spotted at such! Does this mean you're in agreement regarding the rust showing through the plate then? ;)

Given the unprecedented applause for the coin, I thought a bit of tongue-in-cheek opposition would easily be spotted at such! Does this mean you're in agreement regarding the rust showing through the plate then? ;)

Nooooooooooo :)

;)

Wedding anniversary today, so a couple O jars, an' an injun! Have a good evening chaps! (an' gal) :)

Edited by Coinery

;)

Wedding anniversary today, so a couple O jars, an' an injun! Have a good evening chaps! (an' gal) :)

Word of advice....pop the toilet roll in the fridge now. :)

;)

You seem to have her well trained. Or at least, she lets you think so... :D

Happy anniversary Stuart :) We ladies are always impressed with men that remember anniversaries! :P

Happy anniversary Stuart :) We ladies are always impressed with men that remember anniversaries! :P

It was tattooed on his forehead by his ex wife when he forgot their anniversary :);)

Lovely coin - but i must admit i cannot see a trace of lustre.

However i have had coins of my own with lustre traces 10% to 25% and it has not shown up on a scaned picture, for some funny reason.

I must say the deep chocolate tone is very attractive anyway :P

;)

Just back...Thanks Peter! A classic anniversary! I'm sat on the sofa checking out the latest on the Internet, and the better half is catching flies peacefully in the chair beside me! She felt BLOATED which is why I'm 'happily' thanking you now , instead of having an after dinner drink at the real-fire, real-ale, pub on the walk home! Aaaaahh, married bliss! :)

We drank Pinot Grigio all night, her call, that's love! ;)

;)

You seem to have her well trained. Or at least, she lets you think so... :D

A case in point, Peck! No beer, a bottle of white instead! Plus she tried to side-track me into a proper restaurant on the way to the balti! Shocking tactics! :)

;)

Just back...Thanks Peter! A classic anniversary! I'm sat on the sofa checking out the latest on the Internet, and the better half is catching flies peacefully in the chair beside me! She felt BLOATED which is why I'm 'happily' thanking you now , instead of having an after dinner drink at the real-fire, real-ale, pub on the walk home! Aaaaahh, married bliss! :)

She should be catching your flies on the sofa.

Going out for a meal on special occasions can destroy passion. :(

Amazing, 69 downloads and just a handful of comments on the coin lol. Coppers, should we get you some JAM JAR spex to find the lustre? Or has your comp gone tits up?

I would grade it as almost beautiful, with a hint of sexiness! :)