British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Mongo

Just a little thankyou...

I just wanted to throw this out here, and say a BIG thankyou to everyone on this forum.

A few months back, I got myself a 2008 Spink book, and thought that would be enough to keep me out of "trouble" with my venture into coin collecting.

Then, when I started to google search for online coin shops, I stumbled accross Predecimal.com and found my way to this forum. I am so glad I did!

I know I still know nothing when it comes to coins, but the advice, help and knowledge you have shared with me has really made my new hobby an enjoyable one. You have given me the confidence to go out there and feel comfortable making decisions on grades and prices. This is really important to me, as even a £10 coin is a considered purchase for my limited budget.

I have now made purchases from a handful of dealers who use this forum, all of which are lovely people to deal with. This has allowed me to take my pick from the vast amount of quality, accurately graded, fairly priced coins you all have for sale.

With each coin I buy, and every question I ask, I feel my education is increasing. I hope that one day, I will be able to repay you with some coin advice of my own!

So once again, thankyou all so much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it! :)

P.S. No bottoms were intentionally kissed during this forum post, if you feel you have been a victim of bottom kissing, please pucker up and pass it on to someone else!

Aw shucks...

Thanks Chris, it's great to be appreciated (as I assume I was included in this!).

Hi Chris (mongo)

I have been hanging around here since 2004.Forum members come and go but I have learnt so much..I have never been abused or given out abuse.I have bought trays,albums from Chris (predecimal) sold some coins to him and although my reputation is being a bit crazy at times I feel welcome.It is a 24/7 forum with our USA members(and Rob)posting in the early hours.

The information is here so enjoy your new hobby.

You will learn a lot.We have esteemed forum members (Freeman,Petition Crown) I'm sure Peck would of joined :)

Learn your subject and buy the books.

If you like shillings you can go back to hammered,learn about history and the art of coins.Imagine what the coin would of bought when new.

The Kings shilling was paid to the press ganged drunks in the 18C.

I hope you hang around :)

I can feel the Love on the forum today. Just wish Ski had'nt taken everything to heart and jumped ship.

I think it is time for a big man hug (Debbie can join in :) )It is Friday afternoon...mid summer and the lights are on...but I must say my spuds are looking good. ;)

C'mon, ya all, buy yerselves a caravan, a truck, or bus, and come live with us in the land of the free! Big love goin' out to all you forum peacemakers! :D

Welcome aboard mongo! I'm a newby too, and you may have 'read' me say, over and over, how I have learnt more on this forum in one year, than I have learnt in the previous 15ish years of playing around with these ancient old artefacts (Dave's latest Elizabethan [not the old one] purchases excluded!)!

I get the impression that members have found your questions intelligent and angled with an equally intelligent degree of sensitivity! You never know, one day you'll be as old in coins as Peck, and as sophisticatedly gourmet as Peter, as pictoral as Dave, as generous as John, as book-wormy and up there as Rob, and as good-hearted as Richard and, one day, may even grow to love engraved coins of the phallic nature, as does another esteemed member!

Also, not to mention the other great members would be a crime, they're all great and helpful folk, I just can't leave this post on my iPhone to check and jog my memory about who they are, so apologies! ;):)

Ps. :P (_|_) ;)

Nice post :) Especially when there is a premium bond notification. :D

Sometimes it is nice to get away from reality.I do it here as a faceless chap but always made welcome.

This weekend Mrs Peter has demanded a BBQ on Sunday...it will be sausages and burgers because the fillet steak has been converted into coins.I shall be drinking a William of Orange Vodka. :P

C'mon, ya all, buy yerselves a caravan, a truck, or bus, and come live with us in the land of the free! Big love goin' out to all you forum peacemakers! :D

Welcome aboard mongo! I'm a newby too, and you may have 'read' me say, over and over, how I have learnt more on this forum in one year, than I have learnt in the previous 15ish years of playing around with these ancient old artefacts (Dave's latest Elizabethan [not the old one] purchases excluded!)!

I get the impression that members have found your questions intelligent and angled with an equally intelligent degree of sensitivity! You never know, one day you'll be as old in coins as Peck, and as sophisticatedly gourmet as Peter, as pictoral as Dave, as generous as John, as book-wormy and up there as Rob, and as good-hearted as Richard and, one day, may even grow to love engraved coins of the phallic nature, as does another esteemed member!

Also, not to mention the other great members would be a crime, they're all great and helpful folk, I just can't leave this post on my iPhone to check and jog my memory about who they are, so apologies! ;):)

Ps. :P (_|_) ;)

Oh great, I'm just the OLD one :P

I can feel the Love on the forum today. Just wish Ski had'nt taken everything to heart and jumped ship.

i didnt jump ship, ive been here most days , reading the various threads. all informative of course, all very interesting.....i too would like to say a big thank you to all for everything ive gleaned along the way.

Ski

i didnt jump ship, ive been here most days , reading the various threads. all informative of course, all very interesting.....i too would like to say a big thank you to all for everything ive gleaned along the way.

Ski

Good to see you! :D

Ski

Hey hey welcome back :)

Bugger..I've run out of decent cigars.Plenty of beer but hey :P

Bugger..I've run out of decent cigars.Plenty of beer but hey :P

Well Peter, as Stuart says, I am the generous one so I will send you a couple of Romeos, oh damnation, I don't have your address so I will have to smoke them myself ;)

PS Welcome home Ski.

As mongo says these forums provide a wealth of information and help to anyone seriously interested in numismatics.

The people that set up the forums are the ones to thank really , they do it more to promote the hobby than to make money and deserve a big THANKS from everyone who uses it.

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks Mongo ~ let me say I have also gained massively from both the level of knowledge and the enthusiasm on this forum. It's a great community.

Also, welcome back, Ski.

John

I haven't had a decent cigar since Xmas.That is the beauty of them.I stopped smoking in the mid 90's.Recently I have been under a lot of stress so Mrs Peter bought me a pack of the largest cigars they sell at Sainsbury's.Ugg

A Monte Christo 3 or 4 x a year does me. :) A large Jameson's on birthday's ,special occasions also does the trick.

When both appear out of the blue :) I must be doing something right ;)

women usually have an ulterior motive- watch out - lol :)

Aw shucks...

Thanks Chris, it's great to be appreciated (as I assume I was included in this!).

You most definitley are Derek! :)

John

I haven't had a decent cigar since Xmas.That is the beauty of them.I stopped smoking in the mid 90's.Recently I have been under a lot of stress so Mrs Peter bought me a pack of the largest cigars they sell at Sainsbury's.Ugg

A Monte Christo 3 or 4 x a year does me. :) A large Jameson's on birthday's ,special occasions also does the trick.

When both appear out of the blue :) I must be doing something right ;)

Give me a pack of Castella from the local offy, a bottle of Hennessy, 2 ltr of Diet Coke and I am away!.... Must be the chav in me :P

Edited by Mongo

very kind words from you all......thank you.

have a great weekend with your other halfs/cigars hennesy/coke and of course.....coins

ski.

very kind words from you all......thank you.

have a great weekend with your other halfs/cigars hennesy/coke and of course.....coins

ski.

Yey welcome back Ski :) ... and chill if you can, I cant always!