British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Hello17

Lost My Coin Colletion

Hi, Long Time no see(or post?)

I have lost my collection.

I left it at my granparents and it's been moved around the house and i can't find.

Well, i have my 2 common dimes, my state quarter collection, 1970 Proof Set and a 1988 BU set with the £1

i also sold my 1797 1d & 2d for £40, which was good

I left it at my granparents and it's been moved around the house and i can't find.

Well, i have my 2 common dimes, my state quarter collection, 1970 Proof Set and a 1988 BU set with the £1

Hello again Patrick.

Looking forward to your school holidays? My 14 year old breaks up next week and will probably spend 5 days a week playing on his infernal xbox :angry:

Have you decided what you want to collect yet or are you still just buying what you like the look of?

The offer still stands from me for some freebies if you want them? I have some good fractional farthings I can send you together with some Victorian sixpences, shilings etc.

John.

I'm sure that they are not lost forever, as you say most likely moved somewhere.These things have a way of turning up - just ask my two sons At least you won't be able to sell it now! :)

Hi again :)

I'm sure it will turn up as they can't be spent.(well some of the 1988 set can be)

I do like the 1970 proof set.

If you ever sell this split the coins up.They sell well. :)

I have 2 daughters who both have a date run of pennies from 1895 to 1967 although my eldest is taking an unhealthy interest in my coins

and has started to help me photograph them.

Keep looking for your collection and take John up on his offer.

I lose things all the time! I am sure it will turn up, keep looking :)

Hi again Patrick. I'm sure the coins will turn up some time and no doubt you'll find it interesting to look at them with fresh eyes. Glad to know you're still interested in the hobby!

Your collection will turn up again, Patrick. It's merely mislayed, not lost.

Good luck B)

Good luck B)

Hi Patrick, I hope they turn up but I would also like to offer you some free coins to get you kick started again. Send me a message with your address and I'll post some coins out to you.

Regards,

Hus

Sadly, I too have lost my coins. I haven't seen them since I last looked and am heartbroken. [insert weeping smiley]

However I am also open to offers of freebies, preferably hammered Stuart silver in decent quality, though I'm not fussy. I'll take early milled too if you have it. :P

Sorry. Couldn't resist! But on a serious note, I'd say go for it Patrick. I'm sure you'll get just as interesting a selection of coins from members here (probably more so) as you would from a dealer or local shop. And you never know, one of the coins might be the start of a new collecting theme!

Edited by TomGoodheart

i lose plenty as well, uisualy because i cant remember where i put them when it comes to looking at them. they usualy do turn up. had a few go missing myself when i moved them about, found them a year later (round things roll under things...)

I'm sure it will turn up. I once sold coins that I had bought for myself all because I placed them in the wrong draw! :-(

Edited by Gary

Don't worry it's easily done, there probably with your keys and mobile phone :D .........No seriously hope you find them soon.....

I'm sure it will turn up. I once sold coins that I had bought for myself all because I placed them in the wrong draw! :-(

I'll buy a ticket for your next "draw" ;)

Accidental Reply

Edited by Hello17

Hello again Patrick.

Looking forward to your school holidays? My 14 year old breaks up next week and will probably spend 5 days a week playing on his infernal xbox :angry:

Have you decided what you want to collect yet or are you still just buying what you like the look of?

The offer still stands from me for some freebies if you want them? I have some good fractional farthings I can send you together with some Victorian sixpences, shilings etc.

John.

Fractional coins seem to be cheap. i have a aUNC 1844 half farthing. WOW, worth about £10-20. I have coins that i feel sorry for, like my aUNC 1807 (half?)penny, but its got an engraved X shape (nowhere imprtant). and an aUNC 1806 farthing with some stuff in the letters? .

You keep your coins, i have gone us.(i tthink)

Good luck B)

Hi Patrick, I hope they turn up but I would also like to offer you some free coins to get you kick started again. Send me a message with your address and I'll post some coins out to you.

Regards,

Hus

True, but its hiding god

Don't worry it's easily done, there probably with your keys and mobile phone :D .........No seriously hope you find them soon.....

Witchcraft !

Fractional coins seem to be cheap. i have a aUNC 1844 half farthing. WOW, worth about £10-20. I have coins that i feel sorry for, like my aUNC 1807 (half?)penny, but its got an engraved X shape (nowhere imprtant). and an aUNC 1806 farthing with some stuff in the letters? .

Regards,

Hus

True, but its hiding god

:o Now THERE's a recipe for eternal damnation!

Hello again Patrick.

John.

Good luck B)

Regards,

Hus

True, but its hiding god

Witchcraft !

:o Easy Young Enthusiast!

...and STOP selling your best ones!

that are not in collector-desirable condition(and don't fit in my missing album).

theyre good for young'uns

Found.

Where was it, just out of interest ?

Good to know that you've found it. On another note, I lost an 1843 half farthing the day it came through the post a month ago. Still no sign of the tiny thing though.

Found.

Where was it, just out of interest ?

I don't know , i didn't find it, soeone else did.

it was behind the TV remote and the keys to wembley

Edited by scott

it was behind the TV remote and the keys to wembley

:o

So England matches can't take place unless you open up? :o