British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mongo

Delayed email notification of PM's

For some reason, I get my email notifications of PM's and replies up to 2 days after they are sent! Are there any settings to change this? I had a quick look, could not find any.

For some reason, I get my email notifications of PM's and replies up to 2 days after they are sent! Are there any settings to change this? I had a quick look, could not find any.

Not that I'm aware. I don't believe I've had any problems (but I only get notifications when someone pms me). I wonder if it might be your email system? Have you checked that it doesn't think there's something dodgy about predecimal.com and isn't filtering them somehow?

Oh, and I replied to your pm at 17.20 today Fri 6 July, in case you don't get it until later and are interested to know when it was sent!

Not that I'm aware. I don't believe I've had any problems (but I only get notifications when someone pms me). I wonder if it might be your email system? Have you checked that it doesn't think there's something dodgy about predecimal.com and isn't filtering them somehow?

Oh, and I replied to your pm at 17.20 today Fri 6 July, in case you don't get it until later and are interested to know when it was sent!

Thanks Richard,

That is strange! They are not being filtered by my spam folder. I use AOL mail, so perhaps it is a problem with them. When I mentioned replies, I meant to the PM's and not forum posts, if that is of any help.

Sometimes I do not get any email notifications, other times they arrive the next day or so :blink:

Thanks Richard,

That is strange! They are not being filtered by my spam folder. I use AOL mail, so perhaps it is a problem with them. When I mentioned replies, I meant to the PM's and not forum posts, if that is of any help.

Sometimes I do not get any email notifications, other times they arrive the next day or so :blink:

There was a glitch in the system a while back, I and it seemed a number of others, were not receiving email notifications for PM's at all...I think mine's OK now though?

Is said glitch the reason why I can't turn on PMs at all. I've tried disabling and re-enabling them to no avail. I notice that the three boxes for notification of personal messages are greyed out, can't be ticked and are obviously disabled. Don't know if this is normal though.

Is said glitch the reason why I can't turn on PMs at all. I've tried disabling and re-enabling them to no avail. I notice that the three boxes for notification of personal messages are greyed out, can't be ticked and are obviously disabled. Don't know if this is normal though.

If it helps Rob, this is what it says when trying to PM you... "The member Rob cannot receive any new messages"

In regards to my problem... since your PM reply Richard, my notifications are coming through quicker! The last two were almost instant, so I think it fixed itself, weird! :blink:

Edited by Mongo

Sorry Rob I can't help with this one, the issue was resolved, or resolved itself, following a few others identifying similar issues!

Sorry Rob I can't help with this one, the issue was resolved, or resolved itself, following a few others identifying similar issues!

Maybe my inbox was full? I've deleted a few old threads, so that would eliminate a full box problem.

Maybe my inbox was full? I've deleted a few old threads, so that would eliminate a full box problem.

Just sent you a test message, seems to of fixed it! :)