British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Until such time as I occasion to buy one of those Yap money stones, this is my currently largest piece in my sundry collections:

swedish4daler1731.jpg

Not sure that forum allows it to be viewed at it's real image size which is approximately what it really is sized at. It is a Swedish plate 4 daler from 1731.

Wow have never seen one of those before! That must weigh quite a bit. How do you store pieces like that, I would imagine that they are fairly valuable? Thanks for sharing - off to Google Swedish plate money now. :)

Wow have never seen one of those before! That must weigh quite a bit. How do you store pieces like that, I would imagine that they are fairly valuable? Thanks for sharing - off to Google Swedish plate money now. :)

I currently own 1 Daler 1716, 2 Daler 1728, and the 4 Daler 1731. They are particularly collectable if they are sea salvage, most of them came from a shipwreck off of South Africa that was found ca. 1987 - most of the rest were subsequently melted after they were demonetised in the 1780s. My three are all non-sea salvage and quite the pain to find, and thus are dear on the wallet. They are large, but so is the vault at my bank where they are stored in another country.