British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

darrenj76

Two sets of maundy coins for sale

Hi,

I know I'm very new here,I have enjoyed very much getting information on all my coins here and i am very grateful for everyones help, but unfortunately I had to fork out nearly 300 pound for my cars mot, so i am now willing (but would prefer not to) to sell the two maundy sets that you can see in this thread here.

http://www.predecimal.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6828

Make me a fair offer if you like,there are other coins in the thread let me know if you are interested in any although you may pick ones that i may be keeping.

Thought i would give you guys first refusal as you have all been so helpful.

Thanks

Darren :(

You've already posted a miserable face at the thought of it, so sell the rest and keep the Maundy. You won't regret it later. People always regret selling the good pieces but rarely the crap. Forgo a trip to the cinema or a packet of ciggies or whatever you spend your money on.

You've already posted a miserable face at the thought of it, so sell the rest and keep the Maundy. You won't regret it later. People always regret selling the good pieces but rarely the crap. Forgo a trip to the cinema or a packet of ciggies or whatever you spend your money on.

I dont think all the others would reach the same kind of money?

I would love to keep them, but im in a low end pay scale job and pretty broke.

To be honest yes they are lovely coins but as long as i can make out what the coins are and find out some history about them i don't mind to much about the grading, my favorites out of the ones i have are the hammered ones just because of the history.

I dont think all the others would reach the same kind of money?

I would love to keep them, but im in a low end pay scale job and pretty broke.

To be honest yes they are lovely coins but as long as i can make out what the coins are and find out some history about them i don't mind to much about the grading, my favorites out of the ones i have are the hammered ones just because of the history.

I have sold the two sets to a local dealer.

He also wanted the Elizabeth I sixpence but offered me £6 for it , I didn't think that was a fair price,he also offered me £30 for the Henry the viii groat but i want sure about that either,£5 for all the other silver exept a couple of groats in there didn't like the sound of that offer either.

Any advice on what they should be let go for?

BUMMER!!! I have not been to the forum for a few days, and I miss the chance to make you an offer for the maundy sets!

Please do not tell me how much you got for them, Im scared it will make me cry :(

If you're looking to sell other coins it might be worth trying some of the members here. I, for one, know someone who loves hammered silver. :rolleyes:

If you're looking to sell other coins it might be worth trying some of the members here. I, for one, know someone who loves hammered silver. :rolleyes:

yes I am interested in getting rid of the other coins,been thinking about eBay and looking at what things have been going for,thinking maybe starting a new thread or linking a new thread to the existing one I posted enquiring about identity etc so people can see them on there,if anyone is interested in any of the coins then please ask and let people know about them.