British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Ok, perhaps it's time to start a predecimal book. No, not the Peck variety, the Ladbrokes one. B)

Now that Abramovich finally laid his greasy little oligarch mitts on the European Cup, what odds would you lay on Di Matteo still being Chelsea manager next season?

Maybe you should PM Arry Redbonce and ask him :D

Ok, perhaps it's time to start a predecimal book. No, not the Peck variety, the Ladbrokes one. B)

Now that Abramovich finally laid his greasy little oligarch mitts on the European Cup, what odds would you lay on Di Matteo still being Chelsea manager next season?

If Di Matteo has any sense, he'll get out of Chelsea whilst still on a high. After all after that performance, the team isn't likely to do better next season, and the expectation will be that they should do so. Then there's the fact that football management is probably the most poisonous in the UK, with the Chelsea job up there as possibly the most toxic. Add these together and, if it was me, I'd be off to another management job in the premier league, hopefully to win something and then move again, and so on. If he stays, then I don't see him there very long, despite this last season.

If Di Matteo has any sense, he'll get out of Chelsea whilst still on a high. After all after that performance, the team isn't likely to do better next season, and the expectation will be that they should do so. Then there's the fact that football management is probably the most poisonous in the UK, with the Chelsea job up there as possibly the most toxic. Add these together and, if it was me, I'd be off to another management job in the premier league, hopefully to win something and then move again, and so on. If he stays, then I don't see him there very long, despite this last season.

Good points, though now that Abramovich has got what he most wanted all along, perhaps he will be less trigger happy? (And maybe the Pope will become a Protestant :D ). But Di Matteo is welcome to take over at Liverpool on a temporary trial basis - maybe he'll win the league for us!

Good points, though now that Abramovich has got what he most wanted all along, perhaps he will be less trigger happy? (And maybe the Pope will become a Protestant :D ). But Di Matteo is welcome to take over at Liverpool on a temporary trial basis - maybe he'll win the league for us!

What, on his own? :blink:

The most telling statistic to explain why City won the title this year was because they weren't reliant on a main scorer. For every successful team there was always at least a couple of goalscorers in double figures apart from the main man and a healthy single figure contribution from many team members. Arsenal this year were van Persie and ? Liverpool, United and everybody else appear to be in the same boat - they have to stop relying on their main striker and the other outfield players make their required contribution.

With the current squad at Liverpool the only man that could win you the title was nailed to a cross nearly 2000 years ago :D

John really

2012 years.

The taxman has been informed. :rolleyes:

There is a really very, very old joke that runs something along the lines of -

Question - "What would you do if Jesus Christ came to Liverpool?"

Answer - "Move Ian St. John to outside left!" :blink:

Apologies. :D

John really

2012 years.

The taxman has been informed. :rolleyes:

I think what John meant was by the missing 12 years was that JC could'nt manage Liverpool when he's in his pampers, mind you i don't think many can manage Liverpool with an incontinence bag right now either.

Nah, he was born in the year 1 AD (Anno Domini, year of the Lord) BC (before Christ). He died when aged 33 in 33/34AD, simples!

With the current squad at Liverpool the only man that could win you the title was nailed to a cross nearly 2000 years ago :D

OY!! The graffiti of old around Anfield used to read JESUS SAVES BUT DALGLISH KNOCKS IN THE REBOUND. :D

I think City's squad and Chelsea's are pretty damn good (though Chelsea's is now ageing), as witness what they've won this season. However, I wouldn't say United's was streets ahead of ours, and Arsenal's is no better than ours, though theirs has been settled for longer. If the next manager builds on what Steve Clarke and KD began, we could do better than merely two cup finals. :)

Nah, he was born in the year 1 AD (Anno Domini, year of the Lord) BC (before Christ). He died when aged 33 in 33/34AD, simples!

Äh right, just around the same time ss carrsgher was born then :)

OY!! The graffiti of old around Anfield used to read JESUS SAVES BUT DALGLISH KNOCKS IN THE REBOUND. :D

I think City's squad and Chelsea's are pretty damn good (though Chelsea's is now ageing), as witness what they've won this season. However, I wouldn't say United's was streets ahead of ours, and Arsenal's is no better than ours, though theirs has been settled for longer. If the next manager builds on what Steve Clarke and KD began, we could do better than merely two cup finals. :)

I look at the current crop and only see 4 players that would get into the current Newcastle team (and we are by no means title challengers). Gerrard (when fit) would probably get into any Premier League side, Johnson, Enrique (traitorous git that he is I reckon on his day there are few better in world football) and Saurez (although I think he is a poisonous little toad) who is the most gifted player you have. Other than those 4 I think they are either has beens or never will be's (the lang haired Jessie may yet prove me wrong though).

City are head and shoulders above the others. Man Utd some way behind followed by Totteringham, Arsenal and Chelski. Unless there is heavy investment/retention by that group I can't see City being caught any time soon.

As for Liverpool, well I think you can fight us for 6th next year ;)

I look at the current crop and only see 4 players that would get into the current Newcastle team (and we are by no means title challengers). Gerrard (when fit) would probably get into any Premier League side, Johnson, Enrique (traitorous git that he is I reckon on his day there are few better in world football) and Saurez (although I think he is a poisonous little toad) who is the most gifted player you have. Other than those 4 I think they are either has beens or never will be's (the lang haired Jessie may yet prove me wrong though).

City are head and shoulders above the others. Man Utd some way behind followed by Totteringham, Arsenal and Chelski. Unless there is heavy investment/retention by that group I can't see City being caught any time soon.

As for Liverpool, well I think you can fight us for 6th next year ;)

The 'long haired Jessie' is finally coming good! But then,any Newcastle supporter would know that already :D As for Reina, though he hasn't had his best season, he is arguably one of the best two goalies in the PL over the last 6 or 7 years. Lucas had become one of the best holding midfielders before he got injured, Skrtel has been extremely good this last season, and Agger is not far short of Hansen in his pomp. Our "goals against" record bears comparison with all but City so the defence is about right. Our main problem areas have been up front (regular goal scorers) and out wide (Downing is good in spurts, but inconsistent) and that's about it.

As for United, if it hadn't been for Scholes return, they wouldn't have been title contenders. Once Giggs, and more especially Fergie, retire, they will be an average Top 4 side and might have to fight even for that. Chelsea are going to need major surgery in the next two seasons. Totteringham are the great perennial unknown quantity, and Arsenal are a tribute to Wenger and Van Persie.

Wenger is one of the Great Managers in Premier League (maybe even Football League) history. It is just a shame that the man has no humility or good grace in defeat. Arsenal lose and out comes the Guiness Book of Excuses, "Refs fault", "assistant refs fault", "we should have had a penalty", "we should have had 2 penalties", "their player should have been sent off", "our player shouldn't have been sent off", when asked about his player getting sent off "I didn't see the incident", when asked about the other teams player not getting sent off "Yes, it was a blatant red card" etc etc etc

Not good, to be honest.

Despite his instant success, I think the job will go to someone else. Of course, it's interesting that two interim managers have taken Chelsea to FA and European Cup finals. The first, Avram Grant in 2008, lost both. The second, Roberto Di-Matteo, won both. Whether he was lucky and Grant was unlucky, is open to debate.

Fitting end for Drogba's career there. Scoring the equalising goal and winning penalty in the Champion's League final. That's what I call leaving on a high.