British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

One primarily for the hammered fans, but I suspect most here will see the appeal of this little coin. A pattern Edward VI shilling. Very nice. Very rare. Very expensive!

Just goes to show that hammered doesn't always mean bashed about or knackered!

3572_f.png3572_r.png

And a link to the site for those interested in further details: Roderick Richardson

One primarily for the hammered fans, but I suspect most here will see the appeal of this little coin. A pattern Edward VI shilling. Very nice. Very rare. Very expensive!

3572_f.png3572_r.png

And a link to the site for those interested in further details: Roderick Richardson

Where is the drool smiley!! :D

Nice but not as nice as mine that I picked up off the Bay.... :ph34r:

Woderick can stuff his tweed trousers where the sun don't shine.

I wonder how many quality coins are bought off widows for a pittance. :(

Get your pictures,descriptions sorted boys. :)

A stunning coin, but... £42,500 (where did he get the odd £500 from?). Only a 'handful' known too. If you bought it, you'd want that to be a very small handful or every Tom, Dick & Harry might find one!

A stunning coin, but... £42,500 (where did he get the odd £500 from?). Only a 'handful' known too. If you bought it, you'd want that to be a very small handful or every Tom, Dick & Harry might find one!

Steve if I had that sort of spare cash lying around I would probably spend £42k on wine, women and gambling, then just waste the £500 that was left over :D

Steve if I had that sort of spare cash lying around I would probably spend £42k on wine, women and gambling, then just waste the £500 that was left over :D

And waste the rest on wine and women :lol:

3572_f.png3572_r.png

I hope you have asked for special delivery ;)......I reckon we should expect to see this again under "coin acquisition of the week" soon. You show off.... :D

Gambling is for mugs. Wine & coins are investments, but women are a depreciating asset :ph34r:

I hope you have asked for special delivery ;)......I reckon we should expect to see this again under "coin acquisition of the week" soon. You show off.... :D

LOL If I had that sort of money I couldn't bring myself to spend it on just one coin!

lovely coin but at that price it is just ridiculous for that price.......................... i bought a classic jaguar ss100 for £35,000 and it gives me far far more pleasure than any coin from woderwick would!!

:D

lovely coin but at that price it is just ridiculous for that price.......................... i bought a classic jaguar ss100 for £35,000 and it gives me far far more pleasure than any coin from woderwick would!!

39935.jpg

And even more change for coins left over! :D

LOL If I had that sort of money I couldn't bring myself to spend it on just one coin!

I think if you had that sort of money to throw around your attitude would probably change. There are more than a handful of £50-100K cars, which by definition are 'in your face' as they don't fit into a coin cabinet very easily and certainly won't be around in 500 years time - but people buy them to keep for a few years in the full knowledge that they might get back 1/4 of the original price when they get rid. Hopefully the new owner won't run it into the ground so that it is only worth scrap 10 years from now.

Anyway, he only paid $35K hammer for it plus 18% premium and presumably 5% import, so there is plenty of room for negotiation. Give Roddy his due, as he does have top grade coins available for which he will pay handsomely if you are selling, and obviously it works both ways. I know of a few coins that have been sold pre-auction on the basis that what was offered was way in excess of the expected price at auction. If he has a customer willing to pay much higher prices than me or thee, that isn't his fault.

Gambling is for mugs. Wine & coins are investments, but women are a depreciating asset :ph34r:

Even so, I might split down the middle and take a nice woman plus a few slightly cheaper coins (given that we all depreciate with age)

Even to this hammered non-fan, that's a little beauty. I must say I was surprised that RR is still around. How old is he now? His 1990s price lists were full of very top quality, very expensive, coins. Clearly they still are.

Even to this hammered non-fan, that's a little beauty. I must say I was surprised that RR is still around. How old is he now? His 1990s price lists were full of very top quality, very expensive, coins. Clearly they still are.

69 or 70. Link

I've only got his lists for the last 10 years plus a summer 1998. If anyone has any of the missing issues I would be interested in acquiring them. Thanks.

Edited by Rob

His Cromwell 50 shilling is partucularly cheap at only £175,000, nice coin though, One to drool over for a while.

He Stands to make 20,000 profit if he sells the coin Richard started the topic with at the selling price. Nice job if you have the cash :)

Edited by azda

His Cromwell 50 shilling is partucularly cheap at only £175,000, nice coin though, One to drool over for a while

You should be able to knock him down to £130-140K.

His Cromwell 50 shilling is partucularly cheap at only £175,000, nice coin though, One to drool over for a while

You should be able to knock him down to £130-140K.

Oooooh change to :) its very nice though

His Cromwell 50 shilling is partucularly cheap at only £175,000, nice coin though, One to drool over for a while.

He Stands to make 20,000 profit if he sells the coin Richard started the topic with at the selling price. Nice job if you have the cash :)

That's why I said negotiate. The coins tend to be ones you remember quite easily at auction, so you know what his input costs are for any specific piece. You know what he is asking and somewhere in the middle it should be possible to have a meeting of minds. It's a much clearer position than the anonymous VF coin dated 1868 which could have come from anywhere and cost anything. That particular shilling was lot 1914 in Triton XV.