British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Accumulator

Why are coin collectors so antisocial?

For me it would be either Banbury or Northampton. And while the journey time for either would be under an hour, both meet on evenings I'm working. That's the problem with working anti-social hours.

And even if I wasn't working, on Tuesdays when the Northampton society meets, daughter does her Red Cross training .. though that will end in September.

Oddly Bedford seems to have dropped off the list, though it presumably was active a few years ago as the then Secretary did a valuation of my collection for me.

What's really needed is an internet based Society. Somewhere you could post at any hour convenient to yourself, show off your coins, ask questions ... hang on a minute!

Anyone think we could get predecimal registered as a BANS member? We certainly have more members than say Banbury "seven with two or three floaters"

That was a serious suggestion by the way, since I know it's sometimes difficult to tell if I'm joking or not ..

I'm about to collect my two teenage daughters from school... All I can say is, thank God my neighbours don't collect coins!!!

In my defence I would say that the 'window event' happened a good many years ago when I was not actually collecting, so that may itself say that since I've become a coin collector again I am no longer interested in teenage girls sunbathing topless. And this in turn may all be used as evidence that the coin collector is in fact nerdy and whoever posted the original heading to this thread had actually hit the nail on the head by saying we are all in fact anti-social creeps!

Remembering my own teenage years, when my coin collecting interests and teenage girl interests were both at their most obsessive, I'd say that thesis isn't necessarily reliable! On the other hand, you could say that coins were a kind of compensation for lack of success in the other arena...

Have you got a really large collection the peck?

Rob i couldnt see nottingham listed on that website?

Are we talking coins or teenage girls? :o

Rob i couldnt see nottingham listed on that website?

Below the Irish society (the one which doesn't have a link)

I'm about to collect my two teenage daughters from school... All I can say is, thank God my neighbours don't collect coins!!!

In my defence I would say that the 'window event' happened a good many years ago when I was not actually collecting, so that may itself say that since I've become a coin collector again I am no longer interested in teenage girls sunbathing topless. And this in turn may all be used as evidence that the coin collector is in fact nerdy and whoever posted the original heading to this thread had actually hit the nail on the head by saying we are all in fact anti-social creeps!

Remembering my own teenage years, when my coin collecting interests and teenage girl interests were both at their most obsessive, I'd say that thesis isn't necessarily reliable! On the other hand, you could say that coins were a kind of compensation for lack of success in the other arena...

Those were the days.... and probably why my coin collection is so poor ;)

Kick a man when he's down, why don't you :D