British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

id give nigel farage a chance at shaking things up......hes good

self described as the most hated person in european parliment.....gets my vote :D

How true! Anyone who stands up in (euro) parliament and calls the sitting president a 'wet flannel' can represent me any time!

heres a link to some of nigel farage's speeches

"puppet govt installed in greece and italy" is just superb.

all the phoneys must quake in their boots when they lock horns with a politician who is as good as this.

makes the muppets in charge at the moment look very amateur.

Next time any of you are passing through the Midlands get yourself into Mad O'Rourkes pie factory...well worth a visit, especially for the pie virgins!! :)

Ah, you're talking about the Little Pub Company! That was Mad O'Rourke's empire, and a wonderful thing it was too :) The pie in question was called "Desperate Dan's Cow Pie", and was so deep and so hot (once you got past the pastry horns on the top :D ) that it was almost still too hot to eat by the time you'd got to the two thirds mark and were thinking "I can't manage any more".

Am I right in remembering that you got a free pint if you could actually finish a Desperate Dan?

Ah, happy days. :)

We have pies up here too. Holland's Pie Foundry is in Baxenden, near Accrington. :ph34r:

Anyone tried Mrs Miggens Pie shop (Blackadder) :lol: Love that programme......I lived about 10 miles outside Accy.......Still a shithole lol

Next time any of you are passing through the Midlands get yourself into Mad O'Rourkes pie factory...well worth a visit, especially for the pie virgins!! :)

Ah, you're talking about the Little Pub Company! That was Mad O'Rourke's empire, and a wonderful thing it was too :) The pie in question was called "Desperate Dan's Cow Pie", and was so deep and so hot (once you got past the pastry horns on the top :D ) that it was almost still too hot to eat by the time you'd got to the two thirds mark and were thinking "I can't manage any more".

Am I right in remembering that you got a free pint if you could actually finish a Desperate Dan?

Ah, happy days. :)

Oh yes that is the place, some nice local ales to wash the pie down :)

I'm showing my class here for confessing my love for Fray Bentos tinned pies.I'm allowed one occasionally.Simple food but I love some soggy pastry. :)

I'm showing my class here for confessing my love for Fray Bentos tinned pies.I'm allowed one occasionally.Simple food but I love some soggy pastry. :)

Oh I remember those! Soggy flaky pastry, mmmmmm. Actually if I remember right, there was a Fray Bentos S&K pudding which you steamed. Apart from being a little on the small size, it were reet gradely with new potatoes and peas.

Actually if I remember right, there was a Fray Bentos S&K pudding which you steamed. Apart from being a little on the small size, it were reet gradely with new potatoes and peas.

Yes! I had those as a kid, can you still get them? I'm a Holland's steak pudding fan, but you definitely need two of them, with mushy peas of course

David

Actually if I remember right, there was a Fray Bentos S&K pudding which you steamed. Apart from being a little on the small size, it were reet gradely with new potatoes and peas.

Yes! I had those as a kid, can you still get them? I'm a Holland's steak pudding fan, but you definitely need two of them, with mushy peas of course

David

And do you remember Brains Faggots? Again, they had to be eaten with mushy peas or else it wasn't a proper meal.

the announcement of the pie tax nearly caused riots in wigan.................... :lol: :lol:

And do you remember Brains Faggots? Again, they had to be eaten with mushy peas or else it wasn't a proper meal.

yes! tongue.gif

Mushy peas yummie.

My nans suet steak and kidney pud took some beating.I can remember linen and string being used.The suet soaked in gravey was served 1st.

This was then flushed down with proper tea before the veg and meat was served. :) and grandad would give me pre 47 silver :)

and let me roll him a smoke.(baccy only :)

brains faggots are still readily available in your local tescos

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=faggots

proper taffy boyo ones are better though......

mmmm jubblies.

Amazing - they have morphed into "MR" Brain's faggots now.

brains faggots are still readily available in your local tescos

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=faggots

proper taffy boyo ones are better though......

mmmm jubblies.

Amazing - they have morphed into "MR" Brain's faggots now.

There was definitely no 'Mr' when, as a schoolboy, I worked in Sainsburys and stacked them in the freezers! Perhaps younger generations may think they actually contain brains, hence the name change?

I love a nice bit of liver or kidney (my nickname was Kidney wiper)but faggots no ;)

I love a nice bit of liver or kidney (my nickname was Kidney wiper)but faggots no ;)

The supermarkets now market them as "Moroccan (or Turkish) meatballs" with some pretentious sauce and fancypants packaging.

tax doesnt apply to cold pies..........carry around with you, youre own microwave.....ask this bloke greg if you can plug it in and heat up.......simples :D

Or you could just eat a curry and then sit on it for half an hour.

surly the pie tax should be 3.14% >.>

Or for the oldies on here 22/7

surly the pie tax should be 3.14% >.>

Or for the oldies on here 22/7

These are approximations. You could always calculate it more accurately from:

e^iπ + 1 = 0

:D

Edited by Accumulator

i thought pi =3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679 ...

i thought pi =3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679 ...

...and the rest! :D

...and the rest! :D

If the pie had onions in it would it be 3.141414141414......

Edited by Gary D