British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Debbie

1000th member?

I'm back! House move completed on the day we said we'd do it - March 1st. Broadband connected on the 5th, and coin business back up and running now that I've built a desk at the weekend! Rather fun moving into a completely unfurnished place from a bus - it meant we were really starting from scratch. Everyone we know suddenly had lots of stuff they didn't want, so we have managed to accumulate everything in a matter of a few days. The first thing I had to do was build a bed, as the staircase is far too narrow to get one up.

Still pinching oursleves every time we wake up here - not quite sure how we pulled this off - blag of the flippin' century. Strange things in the kitchen that you turn and they produce hot water out of nowhere. We don't even have to carry it in, it's just there!

Just wait until I explain to you what that tiny room with the porcelain bowl is for! :lol:

I've been here... Lurking. Really haven't had the time/cash to get anything exciting coin wise, just finishing up midterms this week, then spring break! I bought a detector (Ace 250) and it came in the mail the other day, but haven't really had much time to even take it out of the box! Hopefully I'll find lots of gold coins! (Unlikely... but I can dream at least!) So should be able to take it out and see what all I can dig up, hopefully something a bit older than modern clad junk. Either way, should keep me busy for a while.

It'd be interesting to catch up on some of the 'old' members, particularly the youngsters, to see if they are still collecting, or if they got to whatever heights they were aspiring to. (See?! I could have used GeoffT's help there since I'm sure you're not supposed to split infinitives or something!) Emperor Oli perhaps?

The Emperor is listed in today's birthdays on Coin People. 23 years old today.

I'm back! House move completed on the day we said we'd do it - March 1st. Broadband connected on the 5th, and coin business back up and running now that I've built a desk at the weekend! Rather fun moving into a completely unfurnished place from a bus - it meant we were really starting from scratch. Everyone we know suddenly had lots of stuff they didn't want, so we have managed to accumulate everything in a matter of a few days. The first thing I had to do was build a bed, as the staircase is far too narrow to get one up.

Still pinching oursleves every time we wake up here - not quite sure how we pulled this off - blag of the flippin' century. Strange things in the kitchen that you turn and they produce hot water out of nowhere. We don't even have to carry it in, it's just there!

Just wait until I explain to you what that tiny room with the porcelain bowl is for! :lol:

I think I've worked that one out - seems like a lot of machinery just to wash one coffee cup at a time though!

It'd be interesting to catch up on some of the 'old' members, particularly the youngsters, to see if they are still collecting, or if they got to whatever heights they were aspiring to. (See?! I could have used GeoffT's help there since I'm sure you're not supposed to split infinitives or something!) Emperor Oli perhaps?

People come and go.When I joined wayback in 2004 there were mainly youngsters at school or just starting Uni.

I suppose study ,girls etc have got in the way of coins.

I think I've worked that one out - seems like a lot of machinery just to wash one coffee cup at a time though!

No no, you're supposed to use it to FILL the coffee pot and kettle with...!

People come and go.When I joined wayback in 2004 there were mainly youngsters at school or just starting Uni.

I suppose study ,girls etc have got in the way of coins.

Girls getting in the way of coins. When I started collecting coins it was the stuff dreams were made of. :(

Just wait until I explain to you what that tiny room with the porcelain bowl is for!

if it s as posh as we understand it to be...... Just wait until I explain to you what that SECOND porcelain bowl is for in the tiny room! :D:D:D

Edited by ski

were down to 829 now!!!.....

i would appreciate news on gollum, if its possible to pm me.

ski.

I am still here; just look occasionaly. Don't really post.

were down to 829 now!!!.....

i would appreciate news on gollum, if its possible to pm me.

ski.

Me too, if anyone knows anything!

I really did think he'd pop back up again. For someone who lived and breathed this forum for a number of months, his sudden departure doesn't paint the prettiest picture. Coming from a nursing background, I have more than the occasional kind thought for his life as he openly described it!

Oooooh we are into the 990's now ....time for Chris to get rid of some more spam ne thinks? :D

At 999....

Gary's are taking over :o

double post

Edited by Peter

Gary's are taking over. :o

Suppose I'd better come clean :D

LOL

:D :D :D Chris did say he WASN'T giving a prize you know!

Not dipped? :D