British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi. could anybody help with any info of this coin. its a little batterd. i would love to no the age and what the coin is. Thank you jackie.

Hi. could anybody help with any info of this coin. its a little batterd. i would love to no the age and what the coin is. Thank you jackie.

We might need a picture to get us started please

Oh ek. am sorry.

post-7204-010560500 1328287179_thumb.jpg

post-7204-061451300 1328287352_thumb.jpg

Looks to be an Eddy penny (Edward I - III) of some sort, looks to also be Durham mint, CIVITAS DUREME. I am sure someone else will be able to give you some more accurate information, but my library for pennies is a bit lacking :D

Looks to be an Eddy penny (Edward I - III) of some sort, looks to also be Durham mint, CIVITAS DUREME. I am sure someone else will be able to give you some more accurate information, but my library for pennies is a bit lacking :D

Hi colin. Thank you for that info. jackie

Fate... I was sat here browsing the forum, and I came across your thread - seconds after I've just opened my trusty copy of North V2!

Ok - Can pretty much rule out Ed II and III... and it being Durham limits the choice further! So, with a bit of digging (and not being able to make out the initial/mint mark or abbreviation marks) I'm going with either Vb, VIIIb or Xb.

I may get shot down, but I think my reasoning is sound!

Fate... I was sat here browsing the forum, and I came across your thread - seconds after I've just opened my trusty copy of North V2!

Ok - Can pretty much rule out Ed II and III... and it being Durham limits the choice further! So, with a bit of digging (and not being able to make out the initial/mint mark or abbreviation marks) I'm going with either Vb, VIIIb or Xb.

I may get shot down, but I think my reasoning is sound!

Hi. thank you for digging about for me. could you tell me what. vb. v111b. xb means. thank you jackie

It would appear to be battered but is nice and round.Pennies are classified and ID'D even in Spink.

Get yourself Englands striking history from Chris....it is cheap as chips and a good read.

North comes in 2 volumes and will set you back £100.

Edited by Peter

I'd say it is Edward I Class 10b of Bishop Bec of Durham, Note the cross moline as initial mark. :rolleyes:

I'd say it is Edward I Class 10b of Bishop Bec of Durham, Note the cross moline as initial mark. :rolleyes:

I knew you or Clive would turn up eventually :D

Edited by Colin G.

As a forum we seem to know a lot about nothing.I still am learning and long may this happen.

Tell you what it is bloody chilly...even my dawg had a foot outside and decided to snuggle next to my slippers.

This is the weather when I wish I had a log fire.A loaf of bread and a toasting fork....and a bevy of beauties to sponge me down.....well I have 2 out of 4;)

Spot on. just looked it up. date 1272-1307. Brilliant. A big big thank you for your expert info. Thank you. jackie. ps i will see what else i can find.

Yay, I was right! - just not brave enough to have a punt at the initial mark!