British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

coppercop

1755 Austrian 10 Kreuzer with overdate not seen

I bought this 1755 Austrian 10 Kreuzer at my local coin shop today..if features a 1755 date, with a very obvious 4 underneath the last 5..packet states this overdate un-recorded..curious if this may be so, and, perhaps worthy of obtaining a new discovery coin listing?

Thanks

Calvin G.

post-7113-035271700 1328083521_thumb.jpg

post-7113-053156300 1328083550_thumb.jpg

post-7113-014405400 1328083575_thumb.jpg

I bought this 1755 Austrian 10 Kreuzer at my local coin shop today..if features a 1755 date, with a very obvious 4 underneath the last 5..packet states this overdate un-recorded..curious if this may be so, and, perhaps worthy of obtaining a new discovery coin listing?

Thanks

Calvin G.

I have to confess I know absolutely nothing about these. It's definitely 5/4, so where is the mintmark? If Krause is accurate, the only 1754 mint listed is WI (Wien), so any 5/4 is likely to be from here unless other mints had dies cut that weren't used. I suspect Krause may not tell the full story, so does anybody know the definitive volume for Austrian currency?

Try looking for Kurt Jaeger book. He's basically Germanys eqivilent of Spink, i don't know if he goes back that far, i have one from 1871- to present, but i'm sure there's one for previous to that date. It will be in German though i assume.

Krause is as much use as a second class stamp on an elephants arse.

Easier to fit on the bookcase though ;)

I think you'd Need a few more stamps to shift the elephant peter

It makes a great step-up for reaching the top shelf of the bookcase!!

I FOUND an EXACT Match online, poking around...remember, my LEGEND is FRANCO, NOT Maxmillian...ANd mine has an overdate, unlisted...WHY is this seller listing HIS SO HIGH please? I'll stay calm for now...

http://www.moneta.at/product_info.php?info=p193_Franz-I--10-Kreuzer-1755-Graz.html

Because he can list HIS coins for what he wants, whether anyone would buy them is another matter.

If anyone can find the price for this, I would certainly like to see...in 3, 4 grades..my specimen should grade about VF range..I do not have a pricebook for this coinage, so, the help is much appreciated..Why one person puts it at 16k perks my interest, certainly...it's a professional site, and long-time dealer, there is no reason to super-inflate things...even if mine is in the 4-5k range, I would be quite happy.

Cal

If anyone can find the price for this, I would certainly like to see...in 3, 4 grades..my specimen should grade about VF range..I do not have a pricebook for this coinage, so, the help is much appreciated..Why one person puts it at 16k perks my interest, certainly...it's a professional site, and long-time dealer, there is no reason to super-inflate things...even if mine is in the 4-5k range, I would be quite happy.

Cal

????????

It's only €125, the comma separates the cents.

Why you need to be very careful when bidding on sites that trade in Euros!

David

Lol.....a Homer Simpson moment there ;)

Either this IS one hell of a rare coin, or, it's all a joke..check THIS out!

e

x

Franz I. 10 Kreuzer 1755 Graz

125,00 EUR

125,00 EUR

Sub-Total: 125,00 EUR

Dispatch (Austrian Post AG): 5,00 EUR

incl. UST 10%: 11,36 EUR

incl. UST 20%: 0,83 EUR

Total: 130,00 EUR

==========================================

CURRENCY CONVERTER WIDGET

ConverterRatesNewsInfo

Mid-market rates: 2012-02-02 21:52 UTC

125,000.00 EUR = $164,305.98 USD

You are mistaking 125,000€ for the actual price of €125,00 (that one hundred and twenty five euros) not ( one hundred and twenty five thousand euros)

You only Need to look ar the €10 tax to see that its €125

Wakey wakey

Edited by azda

Well, it looks like the seller wanted roughly 170 DOLLARS...I was trying to get an estimate of value...

I am sending the coin to Mr. Ken Potter, who does attribute world coins for varieties...hopefully, this overdate will get a new listing..will update when returned.

Thanks for all help

calvin