British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larky2k

New 1p and 2p's

Guest Larky2k

Iv got 8 coins rangeing from 1971 to 1979 that say 'New Pence' on then are they worth any thing. :huh:

Iv got 8 coins rangeing from 1971 to 1979 that say 'New Pence' on then are they worth any thing. :huh:

Yes they are worth exactly what they say on them, either 1p or 2p.

If you look all coins dated from 1971 to 1981 say 'New Pence', from 1982 all coins say the value followed by pence, e.g 20p's say 'Twenty Pence', 2p's say 'Two Pence', pennies say 'One Penny'.

The only coin that is worth anything of value is a 1983 2p(note the date), that says 'New Pence' rather than 'Two Pence', since it was struck after the 1982 change it should have had the new wording, but due to accidental use of an old die it came out with a pre-82 reverse and says 'New Pence', but considereing that no 2p coins dated between 1982-1984 were released for circulation these rare ones are only found in the year sets that were sold to collectors by the mint in 1983. Therefore your chances of finding one in change are nigh impossible.

Guest bumble

is the 1971 one penny worth anything? i thought it was

37 minutes ago, Guest bumble said:

Why? The mint struck 1521,666250 pennies dated 1971.

(Yes, that's more than one thousand, five hundred and twenty one MILLION.)

Edited by Michael-Roo

On 19 July 2017 at 3:44 PM, Guest bumble said:

Indeed it is. One penny. :lol: 

On 7/19/2017 at 3:44 PM, Guest bumble said:

No, next question.

Guest 1p new penny

I have a 1977 new penny has it value 

1p new penny 

A serious question :)......Why do you think it would be worth something or more than 1p as you went to the trouble to post ?.

Lots of people know nothing about coins at all and interpret media information in all sorts of bizarre ways. I find the best way is to just say no I'm afraid it's not worth anything, that way it will stick in the thread and be found by future potential posers of the same question saving everyones time. I just stick to the old favourite when I'm called, several times a day, if it came from change then it will never be worth more than face value. Not always totally true but close enough.

Luv from Dave

The copper in it might be worth more than a penny

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Lots of people know nothing about coins at all and interpret media information in all sorts of bizarre ways. I find the best way is to just say no I'm afraid it's not worth anything, that way it will stick in the thread and be found by future potential posers of the same question saving everyones time. I just stick to the old favourite when I'm called, several times a day, if it came from change then it will never be worth more than face value. Not always totally true but close enough.

Luv from Dave

Yep. That's become a stock response. At least three times a day without fail.

:blink:

3 hours ago, Money Boss said:

They cost £50! Oh and by the way 1 have ten of them and a 1979 1p!

I hope you didn't pay £50 each for them and I sincerely hope you are not trying to sell them for this amount. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2004 at 5:54 PM, Guest Larky2k said:

yes face value

4 hours ago, Money Boss said:

They cost £50! Oh and by the way 1 have ten of them and a 1979 1p!

You got a great deal there MB you paid  £50 for coins worth 11p? . OUCH!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

You got a great deal there MB you paid  £50 for coins worth 11p? . OUCH!!!! :lol:

sounds like a "Real bargain" off ebay prob.

Hang on a moment , original post is from july 2004 , he might just have got over his buy by now

• Like 1

15 hours ago, copper123 said:

sounds like a "Real bargain" off ebay prob.

Hang on a moment , original post is from july 2004 , he might just have got over his buy by now

or spent it