British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Working on the website

Working on my website and basically you get some free templates and buttons to work with.

The ones they present you with are quite crap and don't suit my subject matter (coins naturally) Does anyone know where i get get more help with free templates and buttons etc to work with?

Working on my website and basically you get some free templates and buttons to work with.

The ones they present you with are quite crap and don't suit my subject matter (coins naturally) Does anyone know where i get get more help with free templates and buttons etc to work with?

Dave just google button generators and create your own however you want them!!

Dave just google button generators and create your own however you want them!!

Thanks Colin, found one now for the buttons, just need to organise it how i want it etc

I have found adobe dreamweaver to be very simple to use and it allows you to easily toggle between html views and design views, so you can drag and drop and tweak coding where required. It also allows you to prview in firefox and IE because you would be amazed how a site can look great in one, and is all over the place in the other, it's a bloody pain trying to get them to look exactly the same!!! You would think they would interpret html the same way!!!

I have found adobe dreamweaver to be very simple to use and it allows you to easily toggle between html views and design views, so you can drag and drop and tweak coding where required. It also allows you to prview in firefox and IE because you would be amazed how a site can look great in one, and is all over the place in the other, it's a bloody pain trying to get them to look exactly the same!!! You would think they would interpret html the same way!!!

Don't forget Chrome and Safari if you want your website to be viewed on all smartphones, most tablets, the majority of laptops, and even Macs. And while you're at it, there's Opera enthusiasts out there (I'm not talking about those wobbly-voiced sopranos who never seem to know which note they're singing :P ).

Don't forget Chrome and Safari if you want your website to be viewed on all smartphones, most tablets, the majority of laptops, and even Macs. And while you're at it, there's Opera enthusiasts out there (I'm not talking about those wobbly-voiced sopranos who never seem to know which note they're singing :P ).

I have checked mine on I phones, but I don't really get that much traffic via safari or chrome...actually thinking about it that may be because it doesn't look right :o:lol:

I will have to have a check, I know my daughter uses chrome, any safari users want to have a quick peek ;)

Double post :rolleyes:

Edited by Colin G.

I have checked mine on I phones, but I don't really get that much traffic via safari or chrome...actually thinking about it that may be because it doesn't look right :o:lol:

I will have to have a check, I know my daughter uses chrome, any safari users want to have a quick peek ;)

Your site looks fine in Chrome here! smile.gif

David

David

Erm yeah, right, here comes a new web site. is that correct ?.

Garry,

Are you looking at mine or Dave's?

Garry,

Are you looking at mine or Dave's?

Daves. I think I did yours over the other week. I cant be bothered to do mine, I can't be bothereed with it presently.

You definitely have to be in the right frame of mind when messing with a website...you need your creative juices flowing :D

David

Fine also on Safari on an Intel Mac :)

Thanks!! :D

David

Erm yeah, right, here comes a new web site. is that correct ?.

That's correct Gollum, but it might have to take a back seat for a month or 3. Not enough hours in the day sometimes.

MENTAL BLOCK.........Lack of options and dreamweaver is to say the least..............:ph34r: to much...Plan B.........Let someone else make it lol