British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Does any one collect/have an interest in/know the value of coins/tokens/medals like these? I would be interested to know more about it, thanks for any help

George_III_1789_Medal_Rev01.png

George_III_1789_Medal_Obv01.png

Generally speaking they are gaming tokens and worth a minimal sum. There are a lot of variations in the legend to differentiate them from currency guineas and halves which they imitate. Yours appears to refer to George III regaining his health which may or may not be a gaming token as for once it refers to an historic event. I don't know where you would read up about them as there are no articles in the BNJ relating to this type of material. I know there is a token society and they might be able to help.

Generally speaking they are gaming tokens and worth a minimal sum. There are a lot of variations in the legend to differentiate them from currency guineas and halves which they imitate. Yours appears to refer to George III regaining his health which may or may not be a gaming token as for once it refers to an historic event. I don't know where you would read up about them as there are no articles in the BNJ relating to this type of material. I know there is a token society and they might be able to help.

Thanks Rob! I will investigate further ...

D&H 938 Middlesex National Series 1789 by Wilmore, Alston & Co.

Also has a British Historical Medals ref, but the books nowhere to be found.

Certainly pretty rare.