British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Peckris

Avatar change - why doesn't it show?

I've changed my avatar picture, which shows in my Profile. But when I do a posting, it shows my previous avatar picture. What's going on?

Did you change your Personal photo, or your Avatar Peck? They are different and I'm not sure but I think it's the photo that appears next to posts. But I have both mine as the same pic, so could be wrong!

I've changed my avatar picture, which shows in my Profile. But when I do a posting, it shows my previous avatar picture. What's going on?

Not sure of the answer, but I've noted a couple of users whose avatar is different when I view the forum on my pc to when I view it on the iPhone. I've always assumed that one version of the forum shows the 'avatar' and the other shows the 'photo'? It might be worth checking both the avatar and photo in your profile.

I asked this question a while back. The solution is to flush the cache in your browser.

It's because you isn't elite Peck. You need to know how to bribe the forum gremlins properly

Cache flushed - let's see what happens.

YAY - that worked. Thanks Rob.

(It's only a change of colour - now you're saying Big Deal!!)

Edited by Peckris

an olive oil bath should get it back to how it used to look ;)

Nah, I quite like the new verdigris look ;)

I thought it had been At'd and slabbed as a VF50BL(ue).

At'd ?? :blink:

At'd ?? :blink:

Feel the force oh green one vader.gif

Artificially toned.

Artificially toned.

Gotcha!

However, unless everybody else flushes their caches - you'll be the only one that sees the change. I've just flushed mine and see that your avatar is now cyan coloured rather the purple/blue it was before.

I think this is a forum s/w issue. Every time a user uploads a new avatar, a unique filename should be generated so that all browsers will download the new image.

However, unless everybody else flushes their caches - you'll be the only one that sees the change. I've just flushed mine and see that your avatar is now cyan coloured rather the purple/blue it was before.

I think this is a forum s/w issue. Every time a user uploads a new avatar, a unique filename should be generated so that all browsers will download the new image.

verdigris coloured, please :D

I am sorry Peck, but I have to inform you that having looked at your Avatar, I must conclude from it's tone, and it's colour, it is not covered in Verdigris but it is a modern Fake.

I am sorry Peck, but I have to inform you that having looked at your Avatar, I must conclude from it's tone, and it's colour, it is not covered in Verdigris but it is a modern Fake.

Noooooooooooooooo. oh well, don't tell anyone, especially not seuk. It will be our little secret. :D