50 Years of RotographicPredecimal.com. British Numismatic Trade Association Member - One of the most popular websites on British coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Collectors' Coins Great Britain 2014 Standard Guide to Grading British Coins British and Empire Campaign Medals 1793 to 1902British and Irish Campaign Medals 1902 to 2010England's Striking History Roman Base Metal Coins - A Price Guide Roman Silver Coins - A Price Guide  Available for Kindle Available as .epub
The Current Rotographic printed book titles on Amazon. Click the Kindle icon above to see the Rotographic range for Kindle. Click the .epub icon to purchase as .epub direct from Rotographic.

50 Years of RotographicRotographic.com Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals.

Photo

j77j farthing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 watsonholmes11

watsonholmes11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

hi all,

new poster here i have seen the following farthing listed on ebay with j struck instead of ones . i am quite interested by it and was wondering how common/scare it is ?

the ebay number is 160712885400

This isn't just a forum - Purchase British coins, collecting accessories and books on www.predecimal.com

#2 ski

ski

Important part of the furniture

• Numismatic Research Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Interests:sixpences, florins and double florins.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

sorry i dont know much about farthings but this looks quite normal for this date.
have a look at the 2 on the colin cooke site of the same date
http://www.colincook...iicurrency.html

ski
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that cant.

#3 Peckris

Peckris

Former God (now redundant)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

hi all,

new poster here i have seen the following farthing listed on ebay with j struck instead of ones . i am quite interested by it and was wondering how common/scare it is ?

the ebay number is 160712885400

The eBay listing is incorrect (well, there's a turn up for the book!). That's the way the number 1 was rendered on those farthings. Nothing exceptional about it at all.

#4 ski

ski

Important part of the furniture

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Interests:sixpences, florins and double florins.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

The eBay listing is incorrect (well, there's a turn up for the book!). That's the way the number 1 was rendered on those farthings. Nothing exceptional about it at all.

the guy was here for a while both before and after i replied, be interesting to see if he changes his listing :)
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that cant.

#5 scott

scott

Forum God

• 2,293 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

but it is still a 1771 farthing.
i might keep an eye on that.

Edited by scott, 08 January 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#6 Peter

Peter

Mr R Sleeker

• 5,362 posts
  • Interests:Coins,fishing and British sports cars

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

not interested..snm :)