British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Danz

Withdrawn 2011 Aquatics 50p

You must get a whole lot of change! I've had one 50p in my wallet all week

youve gone a whole week without even spending 50p?!!!!

are you from yorkshire? :D:D:D

I believe that a dealer friend of mine has at least half a dozen... he was on of the first to buy the full sets from the mint, so 'got lucky'...

Is it our friend with the shop in West London? I got a full set of them from him in order to do pictures for Check Your Change, before the error was known about.

Maybe ;)

They still dont appear on his website, so must still be waiting for others to appear before pricing up! Will check on Monday when I see him!

Hi all. Did you find out the type he had? Cheers

Well I've so far managed to get all but 5 of the olympic designs with the aid of a local cafe who's staff I've tapped up(not in that way!)

I have the Aquatics coin but its the usual type I'm afraid

I have been getting £10 of 50p's from my bank most weeks and have found Olympic ones hard to come by

The girl guide ones aren't that rare are they? I thought several million were out there as opposed to the 1 million WWF

Lastly, the cafe staff provided me with two Kew Gardens ones recently which really was worthwhile!

Cheers:0)

Boooooo, stop dredging up old threads, you already started one and if you're just trying to promote something you're in the wrong place. Everyone here clearly already knows their stuff about coins..

I like how the image associated with that article is a German 1901 5 mark issued as a commemorative and a mintage of 460,000, the least they could have done is nicked a picture of a kew gardens 50p or something.

Personally I just think his 2 posts are click bait whereby he's luring you too the website in order to push the website name. Still, 3k for am error aquatics is still ridiculous and i think the poster is trying to push the view maybe because he has one himself which might be put onto ebay shortly in order to push the price.

So if any google clickers are reading this, don't be so bloody stupid to pay 3k for a 50p, buy an Oliver Cromwell Halfcrown instead, something with history attached to it

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

Hear hear, and I reckon your latter assumption is correct, he probably has one he wants to put up for sale soon..

Guest Natalie

Hi I know this is a very old thread but I have what I think is an aquatic withdrawn coin and want some advice on if it's real or not please.

post pics of each side and we will do our best to help :)

Does it look like this or can you see the face clearly without lines across it?

img223.jpg

another issue is there are some quite good fakes of these going about at the moment

new word being added to the thesaurus for fake coin being faux

I'm pretty impressed with how good these are to be honest 

aquatics

Just now, rpeddie said:

another issue is there are some quite good fakes of these going about at the moment

I would expect the vast majority of these to still be in their RM packaging. They will also have been released to relatively few locations. I bought the above from Mark Ray in Nottingham quite by chance when I called in shortly after they were issued.

not doubting yours is real just i'm quite impressed with the workmanship of the fake aquatics and kew that have come out.

left alone i could and not knowing about the fakes i could see myself getting stung, you see any tells with the faux one compared to the real that give it away?

6 minutes ago, rpeddie said:

not doubting yours is real just i'm quite impressed with the workmanship of the fake aquatics and kew that have come out.

left alone i could and not knowing about the fakes i could see myself getting stung, you see any tells with the faux one compared to the real that give it away?

The obscured type are rare enough that I haven't seen another one at a fair since they were exposed, though will confess to not having looked. Have you got a link to a known copy? Sorry, just seen the earlier link to eBay.

I will rephrase that to have you got a good picture of one?

Edited by Rob

Hi I will figure out how to upload and see what you think. Thank you.