British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

Needing Techie help

My USB stick with all my coin pix, my excel sheet with where, when and how much each coin cost me has suddenly decided it wants me to format it before i can use it again.

I have tried it in the Fraus laptop and same thing, anyone know any software i can use to enable me to recover my data and pics. Very annoying :angry:

My USB stick with all my coin pix, my excel sheet with where, when and how much each coin cost me has suddenly decided it wants me to format it before i can use it again.

I have tried it in the Fraus laptop and same thing, anyone know any software i can use to enable me to recover my data and pics. Very annoying :angry:

You should be able plug in the USB, refuse the format, but be able to list the drive, open it and view its content,

copy/cut the files to a new folder, format your USB then copy back the info you have sorted

You should be able plug in the USB, refuse the format, but be able to list the drive, open it and view its content,

copy/cut the files to a new folder, format your USB then copy back the info you have sorted

Nope, won't let me do anything until its formatted unfortunately :angry:

It sounds like something's become corrupted. What I would say is don't format it just yet. Perhaps try it on a different OS, maybe even a Mac if you can.

If that doesn't work then I'd recommend trying a recovery program, something like this.

Best of luck with this, Azda!

Asda

I know the horse has bolted but I've had problems with USB sticks before.

You can buy an external hard drive for peanuts (I also update a stick on a regular basis.

Good luck.

Again, no immediate help to you Dave but I've registered a domain name and taken a cheap web hosting package. I've created a basic website so I have instant access to my pics on line from anywhere and also have an off-site backup (on the hosting company's server). The whole package costs only a few tens of pounds a year.

It sounds like something's become corrupted. What I would say is don't format it just yet. Perhaps try it on a different OS, maybe even a Mac if you can.

If that doesn't work then I'd recommend trying a recovery program, something like this.

This software has found most of my files, need to buy it though before i can retrieve them, just hope it actually does let me have them after i've paid though

This software has found most of my files, need to buy it though before i can retrieve them, just hope it actually does let me have them after i've paid though

Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

Asda

I know the horse has bolted but I've had problems with USB sticks before.

You can buy an external hard drive for peanuts (I also update a stick on a regular basis.

Good luck.

I recently had something called an Archive Bomb. This is essentially a zip-file that opens and reopens itself until it has occupied all your disc space. Somehow it also managed to destroy my external hard drive, so they're not always inviolable.