British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

Hmm...

Good idea?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes...
    • Hmm...
    • No...

I have noticed that this forum has been lacking the 'general talk' for a few months...on coinpeople there is a coins in the news forum (here), why dont we also implement this here...please state why/why not...

---

I think that it would benefit this forum and keep the moral up :) ...so yes, i think that it would be a good idea...

There is hardly any British coin news so the forum would be dead. As for the point about the morale (sic.) up, I never noticed it was low!

There is hardly any British coin news so the forum would be dead. As for the point about the morale (sic.) up, I never noticed it was low!

I never said that the moral was low, i said to keep it up ;)

I don't think there would be enough to talk about coins in the news, hardly ever do we get any British coins in the news! And if you want general talk, you can take it to the nothing whatsoever to do with coins area.

I think we're fine the way we are. We're not 'the other forums' and without copying them, I think we have a quite lively, different place anyway.

We don't need news, you lot are always posting something different every five minutes. These things take time to build up, and as new regulars come on board the amount of variety will increase.

And all the new issue news is about stupisd hideous commems anyhow that i'd rather just not know about.

I have noticed that this forum has been lacking the 'general talk' for a few months

This is cyclical. Even coinpeople and PCGS boards are a little slower right now. With the spring and summer time, there are more activities and obligations that need to be tended to, and therefore, less time for allocated for coin collecting and visiting the message boards. In the past 2 months, I have had to mow the yard several times, help the wife tend to her flower gardens, a family outing to the Zoological Park, several family member birthday parties, extended hours at work to cover a few vacations, and a trip to the hospital. All of these events have cut into my time available to "surf the boards". Once the first good frost (probably in mid-October or so) then all the outdoor stuff ends, and I will be hibernating in the house, in front of the computer. Then, we can talk alot!!

I don't go out in the sun much... too much pollen, too much squinting because of the sun... = headache, and it gets too hot (i'm a shade person). I don't like summer so roll on Autumn! :D

So you guys might have noticed i've been posting on here alot more recently.