British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
samantha pia

coin sets, how do you get info on them?

thanx, but i can look after myself just fine, i need to get to know guy very well before i trust them. its something to do with my past, i know not all guys are like that, but how can you tell until its to late, sam xox

Well yes of course, and I already have a girlfriend but I would be happy to help you in anyway with your coins. You'll find me very trustworthy in every respect, as do the 250,000 people that listen to my monthly BBC 3 Counties broadcast on the subject. (Not many people can use that as a chat up line ;))

But seriously, it's good to see a pretty face among all these mostly blokes. Email me cp@predecimal.com for a no obligation expert consultation!

i have to go, but i will be back in an hour or so,

take care, and thanx all for being so nice to me, and helpful too

sam xoxox

i just have to get rid of them for a friend, he got them from a friend that died, and its what was left of the stuff no-one wants,

sam xox

I'll not lie, they are pretty common coins but there is a market for them... it's because they are common that the grade is ultimately important [not that it's not important anyhow] it's just more so with modern coins cos there's just so many of them, only the best will sell.

And they are alot better than some of the stuff people have tried to ask us about before... e.g "how much is this battered 1969 old size 50p worth?" [well erm about 10p in that condition, but vending machines sometimes take them as £2 coins... and they do! :D ]

You'll find me very trustworthy in every respect, as do the 250,000 people that listen to my monthly BBC 3 Counties broadcast on the subject. (Not many people can use that as a chat up line ;))

Chris i hate to say it but that chat up line is almost as good as 'get yer coat you've pulled' :lol:

You'll find me very trustworthy in every respect, as do the 250,000 people that listen to my monthly BBC 3 Counties broadcast on the subject. (Not many people can use that as a chat up line ;))

Chris i hate to say it but that chat up line is almost as good as 'get yer coat you've pulled' :lol:

What's wrong with 'Get yer coat, you've pulled'? :huh:;)

What's wrong with 'Get yer coat, you've pulled'? :huh:;)

The subtelty is astounding Chris... (i've probably spelt that wrong and Oli will perpetually show me up for an idiot)

Subtlety, but I'm making three pop-up models for my Graphics project so I'm not that bothered at the minute!

show me up for an idiot

I'm sure he'd manage that without much trouble.

(Sorry mate... Now look what happens when a pretty face shows up. Straight away friends can become competitors, and slightly nasty posts are exchanged. Sam, at this stage I think it's probably best if you email me to save us offending each other ;))

show me up for an idiot

I'm sure he'd manage that without much trouble.

(Sorry mate... Now look what happens when a pretty face shows up. Straight away friends can become competitors, and slightly nasty posts are exchanged. Sam, at this stage I think it's probably best if you email me to save us offending each other ;))

well was thinking of putting an offer in for the 1968/71 specimen set since i've lost the one i had, but i'd need to know what the coins in that look like.

Are the 1/2p, 1p and 2p coins still bright and shiny as they were when new, or have they gone dull like the regular 1971 pennys etc that we see in our change?

how old are you guys? i am 21, 22 this year, no need to fight over me. lol

sam xox

yeah some dullness is unavoidable, but 1 mill or so is nothing to worry about, as i say pretty unavoidable due to the way they are stored (in a cardboard holder).

PM me with your addy and i'll get £2 off to you probably tomorrow.

At least then you've got rid of one of them and i've got a replacement for the one i lost... Honestly i put anything down for a minute and it's never seen again :rolleyes:

sam xox

i'm not far off 20, 19 at this present moment in time.

I'm 25, I'll be 26 on Tuesday actually.

(Unfortunately I think you're too late to get a card to me :( )

I'm 25, I'll be 26 on Tuesday actually.

(Unfortunately I think you're too late to get a card to me :( )

Who said she was sending you one? :D

I know i wasn't... :lol:

Well that's charming isn't it! The things I do for you lot and what thanks do I get for it, absolutely buggar all ;)

(Actually I received another donation during the week to help towards hosting costs. The donor will of course remain anonymous unless he/she wants to own up in the forum somewhere)

it was me it was me i tell yer!!! Alright it wasn't really... :D but you almost believed me didn't you? what you didn't? :o hmmm <_

If I could I would but I can't so I shan't! (Make a donation).

Don't worry about it at all, you younger members are all regular customers, you really help me out with the Book research and I wouldn't expect the you to pay anything towards this forum, which is basically shaped by you lot.

When you're famous collectors you can show me your appreciation by selling to/through me and carrying on buying the odd coin from me.

In about ten years or so, I will sell you my halfpenny collection, if I have not decided to keep it until I am 60 or so.......

Don't worry about it at all, you younger members are all regular customers, you really help me out with the Book research and I wouldn't expect the you to pay anything towards this forum, which is basically shaped by you lot.

When you're famous collectors you can show me your appreciation by selling to/through me and carrying on buying the odd coin from me.

Ah well i've already sold you one sixpence collection what more do you want? :D

sam xox

I am 11, 12 in September :)

A week on Wednesday I shall commence my fifth decade as I attain the great age of 49. With age comes wisdom...(well, that's my excuse).

:D

im 13, 14 in august :)

I'm 15 and my birthday is on the Ides of March.