British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dazo82

Question

Guest dazo82

Hi, i have a East Africa 1920 1 Florin and wondered if you have any info on it, i've been researching and have not seen many? Its bit dirty but ledgible and other than that is in a very good condition?

Hello and welcome to the forum

do you have a picture

Hi, i have a East Africa 1920 1 Florin and wondered if you have any info on it, i've been researching and have not seen many? Its bit dirty but ledgible and other than that is in a very good condition?

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Coin-Collecting-2297/2010/8/British-East-African-Florin.htm

This seems familiar.

A picture is required to ascertain a value.

Regards

Peter

1) Whatever you do, don't clean it.

2) If you have or can take photos to post here we can give you a better idea about it. Small pics can be uploaded from your computer or larger ones as links from photohosting sites like flikr or photobucket.

If it's real, it's quite scarce because as far as I know, they were only produced for a couple of years. Can you tell us where you got it?

Guest dazo82

I got given it by my grandad, i'm not sure where he got it, i wasn't even sure if it was real, i have attached a direct link to photobucket but there is a HTML link available if need be, any info appreciated thanks!

http://photobucket.com/dazo82

Well, 1920 was the year Britsh East Africa ceased to be a protectorate and became Kenya, so it would make sense that this coin survives, i.e wasn't in circulation long/never was. I've got a few somwhere I think, I'll have a rummage.

Hello and welcome to the forum

do you have a picture

Good for you Hello, nice to see a man growing in stature, we'll have you misbehaving in no time.... ;)