British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

computer problems again

Does anyone have a clue how to get emails to download into outlook when the server keeps rejecting login details? It gives the same error every time. 0x800CCC92 plus the message authorisation failed. Normally they get downloaded from BT automatically, but now one address works and one doesn't. True to form it's the business address that isn't working - so I can continue to purchase online pharmaceutical products via the private address :unsure: , but don't receive any incoming business orders or whatever. Coincidentally, Microsoft did an update 2 nights ago. :angry:

Does anyone have a clue how to get emails to download into outlook when the server keeps rejecting login details? It gives the same error every time. 0x800CCC92 plus the message authorisation failed. Normally they get downloaded from BT automatically, but now one address works and one doesn't. True to form it's the business address that isn't working - so I can continue to purchase online pharmaceutical products via the private address :unsure: , but don't receive any incoming business orders or whatever. Coincidentally, Microsoft did an update 2 nights ago. :angry:

A start point might be to go back to the last system restore point and see if that then clears the problem, although I doubt that an update would impact Outlook as its a very simple programme. The only other option I can think of that I have used in the past is to go to the accounts section of outlook and look through the details concerning the account that's misbehaving - in particular, take out the password and insert it again manually. I have found that this works sometimes. Otherwise, go through all the other details relating to the account, making sure that no boxes are checked that shouldn't be or vice versa.

Edited by DaveG38

Might I suggest this:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11247835&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b9372015%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372043%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372176%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9392052%7d&fh_eds=%c3%9f&isSearch=false

Might I suggest this:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11247835&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b9372015%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372043%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372176%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9392052%7d&fh_eds=%c3%9f&isSearch=false

I think Rob may take one to the next fair as he "browses" your table. :o

Thanks.

Looks like it is sorted, but don't know why it happened. My youngest changed the incoming & outgoing server addresses to the same as those for the (working) private address and it worked. The same server addresses have appeared in the pop-up box for years, so don't understand why it wouldn't work now. As for ticked boxes, not guilty, because I don't do anything so radical as fiddling with computer settings.