British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Riley

Royal Mint Commemorative tat

As part of a bulk lot, I have acquired a number of Royal Mint 1970s to 2000s crowns, some of them Isle of Man. My first thought was to put them on e-bay but a cursory glance seems to indicate that nothing is moving even at face value. The British stuff is easy as I assume I can take it to the bank, but what do I do about the Isle of Man rubbish?

The lot also included no less than 16 Guernsey 1966 ten shilling pieces.

Any ideas?

As part of a bulk lot, I have acquired a number of Royal Mint 1970s to 2000s crowns, some of them Isle of Man. My first thought was to put them on e-bay but a cursory glance seems to indicate that nothing is moving even at face value. The British stuff is easy as I assume I can take it to the bank, but what do I do about the Isle of Man rubbish?

Any ideas?

Have a competion on here and use them as prizes or have a 25p tin at the next fair.

We've just cleared the loft and plan on shifting all that tat that has value but you know you will never use.

We're going to do a carboot soon with my daughters taking the cash and we will come home via the dump. :D

This includes a suitcase full of "CDESteve" coins. :blink:

"CDESteve"

No, you've lost me.

Any ideas?

Worth checking the Isle of Man Crowns, Pobjoy is a private mint that knocks out commemorative crowns for Isle of Man, Gibralter and a few other Islands, could have some silver content

"CDESteve"

No, you've lost me.

+1

"CDESteve"

No, you've lost me.

+1

He's a well known eBay seller who sells much modern, common, easily avaialble coins for peanuts and probably makes a small living mostly off the extra bit added to the postage charges. He often sells decimal proofs and modern (Liz II) pre-decimal. If you want a 1986 proof twopence then he's your man - that sort of thing.