British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

davidrj

Recent aquisitions

And a Danish 2 skilling of Christian III. Minted in Ribe 1536 just after the civil war was ended and the reformation completed. Its slightly smaller than a contemporary British groat.

post-6657-070882400 1340409104_thumb.jpg

And a Danish 2 skilling of Christian III. Minted in Ribe 1536 just after the civil war was ended and the reformation completed. Its slightly smaller than a contemporary British groat.

Is this hammered from dies (some of the letters look really sharp), or is this another cast?

Is this hammered from dies (some of the letters look really sharp), or is this another cast?

Its a hammered coin and for once a genuine one ;)

WOW :P

Surely, Peter, you meant

www.photobucket.com/WOW

:D

A dinner plate sized coin to eat my steak off

sausages for me tonight unless Mrs Peter can get off the sofa and add some spice to my beans and peas :)

WOW :P

Surely, Peter, you meant

www.photobucket.com/WOW

:D

A dinner plate sized coin to eat my steak off

sausages for me tonight unless Mrs Peter can get off the sofa and add some spice to my beans and peas :)

No sausage for Mrs Peter? :o

From a small Job lot.... Sculpted by a Norwegian apparently with 2000 only made in bronze, so many in Silver and same for Gold with the dies being destroyed after they'd done. This was bought in 1978 and has the receipt from Spinks from the purchaser

P6260603.jpg

P6260605.jpg

The OBV of above

P6260602.jpg

Certainly different.

pity it isn't gold or platinum :)

Certainly different.

They only did these in Gold/Silver and Bronze. 200 Gold, 1500 Silver and 2000 Bronze, then the dies were apparently destroyed under supervision according to the little booklet that came with it

That net is getting bigger and bigger, Dave! :)

It came with an auction lot i bougjt Stuart

Certainly different.

They only did these in Gold/Silver and Bronze. 200 Gold, 1500 Silver and 2000 Bronze, then the dies were apparently destroyed under supervision according to the little booklet that came with it

Proof, if ever it were needed, that there is a God!

Certainly different.

:lol:

Incidently, how did you manage to acquire the status 'not a God, just a man'? Are you in? :)

Certainly different.

Incidently, how did you manage to acquire the status 'not a God, just a man'? Are you in? :)

When you are rated as a god you have god-like powers (actually you can change your title to whatever you want on your account page).

Am I in? As in, in? or as in, in the masons/continent (think about it) etc?

Certainly different.

When you are rated as a god you have god-like powers (actually you can change your title to whatever you want on your account page).

REALLY??? OMG I never knew that! [scurries off...]

Wow, it's true! Well! Wish I'd known that earlier..

Edited by Peckris

Certainly different.

So now.you are OLD FART Peckris instead of the plain old Peckris?

Certainly different.

So now.you are OLD FART Peckris instead of the plain old Peckris?

Can't you read? It clearly says JOCK-BAITING HAGGIS HURLING GRUMP

Me neither....hmmmmmmm :D

Me neither....hmmmmmmm :D

I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I asked the question! :lol:

Well really no idea, it say die test and not sure if thats the case how it would get out of the mint

post-5057-092656200 1341160895_thumb.jpg

Well really no idea, it say die test and not sure if thats the case how it would get out of the mint

Thats neat. I have seen these before but don't know the value of them. Have you tried to research it yet?

Not yet Huss, i'll wait till it arrived and see what its like. Its quite a curio for sure but the 1st i've seen. My neighbour here is English and a note collector, so i'll See if he knows anything about it

Edited by azda

Well here it is, it's uniface

P7040629.jpg

Well here it is, it's uniface

Interesting. Is that Elizabeth I?

Aha. Bit more info here: http://www.pccoinsandcollectables.com/product.php?cat_id=6&sub_id=62&pro_id=460

Edited by TomGoodheart

£18 seems cheap.

Their coins seem a tad on the expensive side and crap :o