British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

davidrj

Recent aquisitions

11 hours ago, Mr T said:

Very nice! Are those pages PVC though?

yes mate sadly i am just about to order another 500 coinsafe flips and get them out. I wish i could afford to do it for all the albums i got like 20 x 120 coin books:(

9 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

yes mate sadly i am just about to order another 500 coinsafe flips and get them out. I wish i could afford to do it for all the albums i got like 20 x 120 coin books:(

Get a couple of cabinets. You can fit anything up to 1500 coins in a 26-27 tray cabinet if you optimise the trays.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Get a couple of cabinets. You can fit anything up to 1500 coins in a 26-27 tray cabinet if you optimise the trays.

Just bought a 1000 x 41mm flips from this place but its worth peace of mind. only reason they are in the albums is they are supposed to be sold on . I just seem to hoard more than I shift lol. they become friends. I need to be more offensive with my selling but all the arseholes and scammers has made it very difficult to pitch decent coins and get a valid return on them. I'll not go down the start @ 99p route everytime I do it I lose out. True collectors omitted of course they know what they want and know the price is either good or bad. but it's mostly dealers looking to catch a good deal. I have a rare canadian cent and yes the coin has graffiti on like a love token inscription " For Victoria in Canada god bless you" but its very finely etched and kind of endearing. Without the graffiti it would easily fetch £500-£1000 . I got loads of emails saying the coin is basically worthless but i'll give you £100 and making it sound like they are doing me a favour. Jesus i could pop it off to PCGS and get UNC details grade and it would still fly out. Had a few coins like that . Rare is rare and it fills that damn  gap lol.

Forget eBay for shifting things on at a sensible price as you are dealing with morons more often than not. The wife has just received a neutral for a fully described and illustrated item when the buyer said she thought she would be getting a reproduction, i.e the item wasn't 'not as described'!!!  How the **** are you supposed to deal with people like that. You can't leave feedback identifying the idiot behind the id, but you as a seller are portrayed as a person shipping iffy items long after the 3 month period when things are still illustrated. eBay really do hate sellers and pander to the moronic majority.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rob said:

Forget eBay for shifting things on at a sensible price as you are dealing with morons more often than not. The wife has just received a neutral for a fully described and illustrated item when the buyer said she thought she would be getting a reproduction, i.e the item wasn't 'not as described'!!!  How the **** are you supposed to deal with people like that. You can't leave feedback identifying the idiot behind the id, but you as a seller are portrayed as a person shipping iffy items long after the 3 month period when things are still illustrated. eBay really do hate sellers and pander to the moronic majority.

OMG. I would personally request ebay strike the comment from the list and blacklist the buyer from ever buying again. I would of done exactly that if it were me. I had exactly the same on another site. The seller lost the coin and had to give me a refund and gave me 0% rating lmao. To this day it hasn't been removed and all I got was a warning for using foul language. I'll let you use your imagination what I said to johnny foreigner :lol:

A few more collages lol. 

spanish.mix1.jpg

spanish.mix2.jpg

Asia.mix1.jpg

asia.mix2.jpg

asia.mix3.jpg

Asia.mix5.jpg

Asia.mix6.jpg

Asia.mix7.jpg

lincoln.mix1.jpg

1 hour ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

If you need a bag of 1.5k of foreign junk I'm taking offers lol.

All that is accumulated over the years where there were mixed countries in the lots. I will get shot of it eventually. Just pains me to think I might get rid of something of value and not know it. Hate that. But I have found lots of coins with errors and doubled dies. Even the modern junk holds a few treasures :)  That's not a lot really not compared to 5000 coins I have in foreign countries. If it's shiny and like looking into a pool of water I tend to keep it. I would like to find some more yank coins pre-federal and the older ottoman coins. Good markets to be in.

Edited by zookeeperz

Continuing on from the last lot I turned to the french section. Upon reading on NGC website the KM# 902.1 1943 1 franc french vischey states  that "there are no known thin flan varieties in existence". I have 2 :). I was just putting some together to knock out and when looking up prices I saw the comments. I don't really tend to check the foreign coins as much. Though I guess I should. I had to take the measurement off the 1944 which is 1.72 mm thick and the 1943 is 1.43 mm thickness. Only quandary is it could mean by no thin flans known to exist being that 1.43 mm could well be the standard flan size for that year although I doubt it as 1942-1944 are listed as having thick and thin flans. Now I begin the endless task of chasing french literature which I am not brilliant at . Enough to order a pint lol. If any of you foreign coin collectors know anything or point me in the right direction any help is always appreciated. :D

Richard

If I get bored I might check the ever growing sack of foreign.

I seem to have accidentally collected another 3 kilos this week :/

Edited by Unwilling Numismatist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

If I get bored I might check the ever growing sack of foreign.

I seem to have accidentally collected another 3 kilos this week :/

I have found a lot of doubled die coins and overdates in the foreign junk. Also there are quite a few mules out there esp colonial coins like Australia obverse and fiji  reverse 20 cents

1916 australian Half-penny with a 2 anna obverse 8-14 known and only discovered in the 1960's and the 1966 20 cents with the wavy line on the top of the bottom horizontal of the 2. These command huge premiums. Also becoming more sort after are the mass of varieties attributed to the middle eastern coins and indian coins. tbh I found most of the variety types purely by accident just trying to brush up on photographic techniques . I have found Numista site more than valuable for that side of things. The guys there are pretty comprehensive in detailing what you should look for. But of course only if you get bored :P

31 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

Also there are quite a few mules out there esp colonial coins like Australia obverse and fiji  reverse 20 cents

Most likely due to unscrupulous mint workers in the late 1970s. The 2000 $1/10c mule (and similarly the New Zealand 2004 10c/$1 mule) is something you do have a chance of finding though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zookeeperz said:

I have found a lot of doubled die coins and overdates in the foreign junk. Also there are quite a few mules out there esp colonial coins like Australia obverse and fiji  reverse 20 cents

1916 australian Half-penny with a 2 anna obverse 8-14 known and only discovered in the 1960's and the 1966 20 cents with the wavy line on the top of the bottom horizontal of the 2. These command huge premiums. Also becoming more sort after are the mass of varieties attributed to the middle eastern coins and indian coins. tbh I found most of the variety types purely by accident just trying to brush up on photographic techniques . I have found Numista site more than valuable for that side of things. The guys there are pretty comprehensive in detailing what you should look for. But of course only if you get bored :P

What are you trying to do to me omg.

British really is enough.

:)

• Like 1

Genoa, Grosso da 6 denari ( 1215 - 1230 ca. ) , 1.67 gr.

Ob:  + • IA • NV • A •

Re:   • CVNRADI REX
Ref: CNI 101. Lunardi 4. MIR 12.

11.jpg

Edited by Matteo95
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest 1073jak

On 5/6/2012 at 10:39 PM, Gary said:

Here is one for you Peter. Cannot remember where this came from. Weight 11.68g Diameter 31.9mm 2mm thick.

post-439-076959400 1336307953_thumb.jpg

It is said that you cannot be a president or prime minister if you are not from Mason heritage truth or fiction. 

55 minutes ago, Guest 1073jak said:

It is said that you cannot be a president or prime minister if you are not from Mason heritage truth or fiction. 

Spam.jpeg.1c93456a78ee5fd5e3d87771c735e227.jpeg