British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

davidrj

Recent aquisitions

SA5.jpg

• Like 1

SA6.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot I had this lying around I wasn't aware it was a rare coin. well if I done my homework correctly. British India Bengal Presidency 1795 Copper pice. NGC list 4 types all rare. With mint state @ $2200. Whoda thunk eh :)

Bengal1795piceobv-horz.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Nice when you find it before you sell it :)

As with nearly all the coins I have sold for a decent return they were all in lots originally purchased for something else and a lot less valuable. Whilst it is true to some degree most mixed lots have been trawled though but many hands and filtered down to basic scap coins . Not everyone has knowledge of everything . Most collectors are niche collectors so zone in on that area and along with know varieties of famous coin types. So most of the mixed lots are for the most part excluded esp the more diverse countries where the native language is alien to the collector or a minefield even to find the correct dates or even country sometimes. As I am not a niche collector or a collector I am the in betweener that will look just a little longer or research areas that are less common and weed out the coin that should be in a worthy collection and not rotting away in a rusty tin for eternity. Most of the time it is a fruitless persuit but every now and then something will pop up and will be worth all the searches that came before it. "Thar's treasure in them thar hills" (or mixed lots) :)

Edited by zookeeperz

Couldn't agree more. 3 years ago or so, I had a call from a person who did house clearances asking if I bought scrap coins. Obviously the answer was yes, but the 135kg of scrap metal took a lot of sorting, to the point where I still have 30 or 40kg left. I found 7 coins that were worth as much as I paid, leaving me with the problem of what to do with the other 25000. The scrap man was rubbing his hands. :)

• Like 2

not the greatest pictures, not the greatest condition but i love the one year only design, a shilling or half crown would be nice 1821 sixpence 

P1030337.jpg

P1030345.jpg

• Like 4

I don’t normally look at the ‘Non British’ section, but in view of recent trends I am going to have to change that policy.

Nice coin.

Jerry

56 minutes ago, craigy said:

not the greatest pictures, not the greatest condition but i love the one year only design, a shilling or half crown would be nice 1821 sixpence 

P1030337.jpg

P1030345.jpg

opps wrong section lol

Just arrived at home :)

Genoa, Ducat, Pietro Campofregoso doge XXVI (1450-1458)

lf.jpg

lfr.jpg

• Like 6

Just posting a few pics of something I would like to collect the complete series of Irish Modern coinage from 1928-1968. Whilst I know it will be for some of the coins virtually impossible to rise to the premiums they hold. I dare say I could make a dent in most of the different denominations. Just thrown a book of some of what I have hidden away for that rainy day.Part of the cupro range. Most are in very high grades close to unc and some are BU. The odd filler to be replaced later but a handful if that. I hope you like them. Again apologies for poor pic quality. :)

DSCI0238-tile.jpg

DSCI0240-tile.jpg

DSCI0242-tile.jpg

DSCI0244-tile.jpg

DSCI0248-tile.jpg

DSCI0250-tile.jpg

DSCI0252-tile.jpg

DSCI0254-tile.jpg

DSCI0256-tile.jpg

DSCI0260-tile.jpg

DSCI0262-tile.jpg

DSCI0264-tile.jpg