British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

MODELCOINCOLLECTOR

Royal Mint Trial Coins Die

Hello

I am very interested in any Royal Mint Trial coins I have several of these but cannot find any information on any of thes coins , also, metals, mintages, edge types,and dates. I am a model coin collector and would like to add as many different types as possible. thankyou for any information and pictures in advance.

Tony.

Hello

I am very interested in any Royal Mint Trial coins I have several of these but cannot find any information on any of thes coins , also, metals, mintages, edge types,and dates. I am a model coin collector and would like to add as many different types as possible. thankyou for any information and pictures in advance.

Tony.

I don't collect these, but many years ago I picked up a tiny copper with lustre - on the obverse was a baby's head and the legend ALBERT PoW (which as we all know stands for Prisoner of War :D ), while on the reverse is the legend arranged in horizontal rows TWELVE PENCE MAKE 1 SHILLING. Can't help you much further I'm afraid, but I'm sure there are one or two here who know more?

Hello

Tony.

Try a search on the major London coin auction sites (I think DNW in particular had a sale with a lot of trial strike pieces recently). Their archives usually have detailed descriptions and hammer prices together with pictures in most cases.

Hello

Tony.

I don't collect these, but many years ago I picked up a tiny copper with lustre - on the obverse was a baby's head and the legend ALBERT PoW (which as we all know stands for Prisoner of War :D ), while on the reverse is the legend arranged in horizontal rows TWELVE PENCE MAKE 1 SHILLING. Can't help you much further I'm afraid, but I'm sure there are one or two here who know more?

Thankyou for your reply , Yes these were teaching coins by Onions , and there were many different types.

Hello

Tony.

Try a search on the major London coin auction sites (I think DNW in particular had a sale with a lot of trial strike pieces recently). Their archives usually have detailed descriptions and hammer prices together with pictures in most cases.

Thankyou for your reply, i have used their site on many occasions and you are correct about their archives , I have printed all information on there sales on trial coins.

Yes these are the trials coins , I am the actual bidder on this item, but just cannot find any information or books on these Royal Mint trials, I have looked through many auction archives and have found many different types. but still looking for more information.

Yes these are the trials coins , I am the actual bidder on this item, but just cannot find any information or books on these Royal Mint trials, I have looked through many auction archives and have found many different types. but still looking for more information.

Have you tried contacting the Royal Mint?

Have you tried contacting the Royal Mint?

I think that this is proably my only option, once again thankyou for your advice.

Regards Tony.