British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hello17

My Collection-a little dairy

No-one's ever asked, so I suppose it has to be me.

What's the significance of "dairy"?

I'd always assumed it was a misprunt, just as many emails of mine end in amny thnaks. Damned coordination.

going to my local coin shop today, might have a little look for a 1903 closed penny :)

or open(.....)

i will ask him what might interest me

Why ask HIM what might interest YOU? He'll tell you every piece of junk he can't shift might interest you. Its what interests you Patrick, and no one else

going to my local coin shop today, might have a little look for a 1903 closed penny :)

or open(.....)

i will ask him what might interest me

Why ask HIM what might interest YOU? He'll tell you every piece of junk he can't shift might interest you. Its what interests you Patrick, and no one else

Actually that's unfair on good dealers Az. I found a great small dealer years ago who operated through the back of an antiques shop. On my days off I'd breeze in and ask "Got anything for me?" - and when I look at back at some of the items I got from him : GF+ 1797 2d, BU 1924 6d, EF 1951 penny, 1906 and 1907 pennies both AUnc with lustre, BU 1901 and 1902 pennies, UNC 1914 6d, UNC 1926ME 1/-, 1684 3d GF, and much more besides, he didn't rip me off or palm me off with rubbish.

The fact is, if you find a good dealer, he will often suggest things to you and encourage your collecting, especially a young 'un like Patrick who clearly won't make the dealer rich unless he wins the lottery.