British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

The Future

Can I Put a Year to this Crown?

Hi

I bought this crown today. It was labelled as 1675 but I'm not 100%. The regnal year on the edge is "Vicesimo Qvinto".

So, is it 1675/3 or 1673 or just unidentifiable?

Thanks for your help.

post-5160-033651800 1312133707_thumb.jpg

Hi

I bought this crown today. It was labelled as 1675 but I'm not 100%. The regnal year on the edge is "Vicesimo Qvinto".

Thanks for your help.

Looks like 1673 as there is no clear sign of a 2 for 3/2. V QVINTO wouldn't apply to 1675/3 because the regnal year was V.SEPTIMO

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Looks like 1673 as there is no clear sign of a 2 for 3/2. V QVINTO wouldn't apply to 1675/3 because the regnal year was V.SEPTIMO

Thanks - I paid just £30 so no harm done.