British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
si666

UNUSUAL USE FOR OLD £20 NOTES!

The job i do involves travelling the length and breadth of the country installing,repairing,upgrading agricultural machinery.

Recently on a farm in kent i serviced a fertiliser spreading machine and when finished waited to see it working,the farmer loaded it up with manure and then began chucking in huge amounts of what appeared to be shredded paper,on closer examination i couldnt believe what i was seeing!Take a look at the picture it is a tiny sample i grabbed from a pile that was easily 10 feet in height and at least that in width shredded £20 notes!

The farmer was amused at how excited i got and went on to explain that the paper contains certain chemicals that are good for the soil when it rots down,he also said that sometimes he gets £50 notes as well!

The term "cash crop" certainly rings true :D

post-4770-079060300 1311536649_thumb.jpg

I would prefer his crops to the farmers who use sludge cake (processed sewage :huh:).

If you knew what ended up at treatment plants and is converted to cake you wouldn't eat vegetables. :blink:

Ah, that takes me back! I did my work experience at the BofE printing works way back in '91. I got a full tour of the money making process and even got to hold £100k in cash! I think I've still got a little souvenir bag of shredded notes somewhere - gave up trying to piece it back together after a couple of hours...