British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hello17

Cannot wait till my birthday

Any suggestions?

imgoing to get some shillings for sure

maybe some victoria copper (late victoria)

any other suggeastions

i will; definitly go to my nearest dealer (Cambridge Coins, nice guy, probably going to stay for ages in the corner where the scrap value coins are)(i have according to BNTA (is that it BNTA?might be my brain rolling over ) but i cannot find it)

cannot wait

Any suggestions?

any other suggeastions

i will; definitly go to my nearest dealer (Cambridge Coins, nice guy, probably going to stay for ages in the corner where the scrap value coins are)(i have according to BNTA (is that it BNTA?might be my brain rolling over ) but i cannot find it)

cannot wait

Hi

You are quite near to Birmingham NEC motorbike museum which has the Midland fair every 2nd Sunday of the month.There are many dealers with the 25p to £5 boxes plus plenty of dealers with albums full of the coins you are after.

I think you might enjoy a visit. :)

Any suggestions?

any other suggeastions

cannot wait

Hi

You are quite near to Birmingham NEC motorbike museum which has the Midland fair every 2nd Sunday of the month.There are many dealers with the 25p to £5 boxes plus plenty of dealers with albums full of the coins you are after.

I think you might enjoy a visit. :)

birmingham is still a bit away ... its easier for me to go to london (down the a1)

Hello17, i love your interests, coins and LEGO, the innocence of youth. I hope you are here on the forum for a while, young collectors are the backbone of collecting and you can learn a great deal from quite a few members here. Happy birthday when it arrives and don't get carried away at the coin fairs, being younger might help you to get a better bargain than an older collector

Hello17, i love your interests, coins and LEGO, the innocence of youth. I hope you are here on the forum for a while, young collectors are the backbone of collecting and you can learn a great deal from quite a few members here. Happy birthday when it arrives and don't get carried away at the coin fairs, being younger might help you to get a better bargain than an older collector

i have never been to a fair only to a coin shop

thanks for comment

Depends on what you want to collect, how much you want to spend and what all is available. Personally I like the Victorian "Gothic" Florin and in worn grades it trades fairly close to silver content. If you have any interest in American coins and there are some available, American "Mercury" Dimes (1916-1945), American Standing Liberty Quarters (1916-1930), and the American Walking Liberty Half-Dollar (1916-1947) are all beautiful coins in my opinion and later years in circulated (but still in decent condition) sell for nothing more than silver content.

im looking for shillings and pennies

B)

dont go near ebay then.....apparently theres a lot of shilling going on with pennies :D:D:D

dont go near ebay then.....apparently theres a lot of shilling going on with pennies :D:D:D

Lots of shilling going on with everything, even 1869 halfpennies, wreath crowns, pennies, the whole spectrum apart from hammered :unsure:

Lots of shilling going on with everything, even 1869 halfpennies, wreath crowns, pennies, the whole spectrum apart from hammered :unsure:

No, you're wrong Dave. Everyone who bids where there's shilling gets hammered. :D

i dont use ebay

too unreliable.

only 1 sleep.

I started out on shillings but got fed up of having to get two for every year after 1937!

Sixpences are worth a look, they tend to be cheaper in higher grades than most other silver coins, tends to be fewer varieties in most instances so easier to put together a date set.

Don't overlook farthings either.

I started out on shillings but got fed up of having to get two for every year after 1937!

Sixpences are worth a look, they tend to be cheaper in higher grades than most other silver coins, tends to be fewer varieties in most instances so easier to put together a date set.

Don't overlook farthings either.

Agreed, if you want to get good value for money, avoid pennies and large silver (i.e. florins to crowns). Oh, and you weren't thinking of gold either were you?!

Ha gold, gold was nice ten years ago when you could get half sovereigns for £35 each. Those days are long gone i'm afraid! Pity I sold all mine in 2004 really, shot myself in the foot there me thinks! :)

i don't overlook fathings

im not interested in gold.

basicially filling in dates

Well, happy birthday for tomorrow, and whatever coins you get, enjoy them!

Yes, happy birthday fella.

By the way, when you first showed up, you were into sheep. That still the case ?

I've got 650 and between you and me, some of them I could do without..

By the way, when you first showed up, you were into sheep. That still the case ?

BAAA???????????

:P

BAAA???????????

:P

At the risk of lurching off at a tangent, I've got a GODESBRAND ON BA penny. :ph34r::blink: No sign of a sheep on it though.

Yes... not sure sheep have featured on any English coin have they?!

And I always thought our Norman friend looks a bit grumpy on that issue!

Happy birthday young Patrick.

Enjoy your day at the coin shop :)

Many happy returns!!

Happy birthday Patrick. Don't spend all your money on coins (that's what my Dad used to tell me).