British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Generic Lad

Useful books to buy?

What are some of the useful reference books for British coin collecting? I already have a (quite outdated) copy of Spink/Seaby's Standard Catalogue of British Coins, but thats about it for British coins. Any recommendations on some other good overviews?

What are some of the useful reference books for British coin collecting? I already have a (quite outdated) copy of Spink/Seaby's Standard Catalogue of British Coins, but thats about it for British coins. Any recommendations on some other good overviews?

The subject is fairly wide.

We can point you in the right direction if you let us know your interests and depth of study.

This thread contains the literary preferences of most of the regular poster on the forum. Without knowing what you collect it is impossible to suggest the right mix of books, but you should be able to get some idea from the comments. This is a commonly asked question.

It's a long shot I suppose, but your out-of-date Seabys wouldn't be from the 1970s by any chance? (No, they aren't mega rare, but they don't come up that often, I need one from the mid-70s and I'd happily swap it for a more up-to-date 2000 edition, or 2002.)

Peck, i'm still interested in that North book you have

Peck, i'm still interested in that North book you have

We'll have to come to some agreement about that then Dave. My main difficulty would be packaging up and posting (due to disability) so you'd have to allow a degree of delay on that. (Vol 1 wasn't it?)

I have a few penny gaps, but I have the vague feeling we explored that avenue before? Anyway, I'm happy to talk more. :)