British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Th Great Ebay Loss

It was bought by sidcrampton, he also Said he didn't think its been cleaned

I don't know sidcrampton, but I'd never trust the opinion of someone who's just bought the item! No-one wants to admit any failing in their judgement or purchase...

but I'd never trust the opinion of someone who's just bought the item! No-one wants to admit any failing in their judgement or purchase...

Never a truer word spoken.

but I'd never trust the opinion of someone who's just bought the item! No-one wants to admit any failing in their judgement or purchase...

Never a truer word spoken. Yet we've all done it at some point.

This one certainly did not do very well...

1827 penny

This one is a beauty though, choice near UNC, after a bit of spit and polish, not forgetting the huge dig on the OBV etc, some muppet will buy it, GVF after cleaning

http://cgi.ebay.com/1936-GEORGE-V-WREATH-CROWN-EXTREMELY-RARE-/330583898897?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item4cf855fb11

This one is a beauty though, choice near UNC, after a bit of spit and polish, not forgetting the huge dig on the OBV etc, some muppet will buy it, GVF after cleaning

http://cgi.ebay.com/1936-GEORGE-V-WREATH-CROWN-EXTREMELY-RARE-/330583898897?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item4cf855fb11

Well cleaned! Is that our friend? He gives a new meaning to "cleaning up".

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cf855fb11

Yup it is, so its the bestest coin of that year you'll ever see, until he gets another that is and drops it in the silver dip by accident etc etc etc

If you look at Mr Ps other auctions, the same person is winning 99% of them, i wonder how many he ACTUALLY wins, if any :ph34r: I'm not saying he's a shill bidder, buttttttttttttttttttt

Thank goodenss he doesn't seem to have an interest in hammered. I don't think I could bear to see a Brasso'd groat or worse, a proper rarity spoilt like that.

If you look at Mr Ps other auctions, the same person is winning 99% of them, i wonder how many he ACTUALLY wins, if any :ph34r: I'm not saying he's a shill bidder, buttttttttttttttttttt

I don't think that particular buyer is a shill bidder. He's an Australian buyer who has bought significant quantities of coins in the past, although admittedly not many recently.

I have to say though that I don't understand the bidding that occurs on some of these auctions. They seem to reach stratospheric levels within a few hours of being listed. But I don't see what a bidder has to gain by bidding high and early. If you wait right to the end before bidding high you may pay over the odds, but bidding early guarentees it and leaves you more vulnerable to shill bidding.

Thank goodenss he doesn't seem to have an interest in hammered. I don't think I could bear to see a Brasso'd groat or worse, a proper rarity spoilt like that.

The problem being Tom is his constant overgrading to enhance the price, as we've seen before from him regarding an 1869 penny he sold at the beginning of the year, bought as an EF from auction, listed as UNC by him, there's quite a difference in price between those 2 grades, he paid EF book price at auction and made a grand because he upped the grade.

How he can get away with calling that wreath crown AUNC when its blatantly poloished and a huge dig in the OBV and a rim nick is beyond me, some people really want ripping off from him thats for sure

Regarding this particular buyer Nick, he has bought a few things from MP, including the 1869 i have mentioned, although i heard through the grapevine he sent it back because MP had upped the grade, someone had pointed him to the auction where MP bought it from :ph34r: This is how contacts are made, how did surrey coins and victoria bronze also get mixed up in the shill bidding with him? Strange why someone would bid and win on all but 1 auction of his though

Edited by azda

Regarding this particular buyer Nick, he has bought a few things from MP, including the 1869 i have mentioned, although i heard through the grapevine he sent it back because MP had upped the grade, someone had pointed him to the auction where MP bought it from :ph34r: This is how contacts are made, how did surrey coins and victoria bronze also get mixed up in the shill bidding with him? Strange why someone would bid and win on all but 1 auction of his though

You may well be right. It's difficult to be certain of the situation simply by looking at the bidding and the feedback (or lack of it).

Maybe informing buyers (if they can be identified) afterwards is the way to spread the knowledge. At least half a dozen of the coins currently on offer come from last week's Spink auction and have all been overgraded by MP.

You may well be right. It's difficult to be certain of the situation simply by looking at the bidding and the feedback (or lack of it).

Maybe informing buyers (if they can be identified) afterwards is the way to spread the knowledge. At least half a dozen of the coins currently on offer come from last week's Spink auction and have all been overgraded by MP.

Lol, Nick, EVERYTHING he gets is upped by at least 1 grade so he can rip the arse out of the coin, it may take years for some of those coins to actually be valued at what these poor people will eventually pay, it's a bit like negative equity in housing, but just in coins now.............Honestly i wish peo´ple would waken up, and before anybody sticks their oar in, i know its not you or i being ripped off, but this makes an arse of the whole collecting scene and might piss people off enough to just give up collecting

Th wiining bidder of the wreath is brianscoins, so bidders can always be identified :rolleyes:

Edited by azda

Yup it is, so its the bestest coin of that year you'll ever see, until he gets another that is and drops it in the silver dip by accident etc etc etc

That one wasn't dipped! Silver dip leaves a dull appearance, but that one has been well and truly polished. :o

That one wasn't dipped! Silver dip leaves a dull appearance, but that one has been well and truly polished. :o

Dipped/polished, its never in a million years seen aunc

Its the same one, still has a day or so to go, brianscoins is the winning bidder so far, but his other mate has won 5 of his auctions this week so far and is winning almost every other of his auctions apart from the wreath :ph34r:

Its the same one, still has a day or so to go, brianscoins is the winning bidder so far, but his other mate has won 5 of his auctions this week so far and is winning almost every other of his auctions apart from the wreath :ph34r:

Dave

You said Brianscoins won the original auction. :blink:

Dave

Did i?, soory, i meant winning. You have email.

Dave

Did i?, soory, i meant winning. You have email.

All is explained. :ph34r: