British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ikkle-monkey

Just a little Hello

Hello to you all

Ive been searching for along time to come across a site like this and ive finaly found one that makes sense,so i did the only thing i could i just registered :D . Looking forward to getting my veiws and my questions solved.My name is Tim and im mad about the coin world been collecting since i was small with the help of my grandfather untill he died that was, ive tryed to keep it going since then but finding people local is quite hard.So i thought id try the internet and i ended up here.Ive looked through the site plus the forums and i was impressed so im here to give it ago to.Enough of my babble :)

Just wanted to say hello

Tim aka Ikkle-monkey

Well you have certainly found the best coin forum for coins especially British and American coins in my opinion! We are all very friendly ;):D and love coin collecting! What sort of coins do you collect? My name is Jon and I collect British half pennies (1900-1936).

Steady on Jon! We're the best for British but we don't have near as enough expertise on American coinage as some other sites out there :lol:

Welcome Mr Simian, I'm Oliver and I collect farthings. Happy collecting!

Ok, ok, but we are truly the best for British no contest! :D

Agreed! I've been browsing the Royal Mint forums and there is this unimaginably annoying Oriental man, or a pair of them, I haven't quite worked it out yet, who ask the most ridiculous of questions e.g

Why not coins made of anything other than metal

Where all mints of all coins ever produced

What is the final mintage of all coins ever produc

Hmph the idiocy.

I especially like the 'Why not coins made of anything other than metal' question! What would they be made from then, stone! Dough! One could eat their wages! :lol:

Oh I thought that was the most sensible of themall. We have had coins made of other things than metal, as the replier said, glass and shells were used.

Is the Royal Mint forum quiet? ;) It must be if they post desperate questions like that!!!!!!!

Welcome Tim! :D I am William, and I collect Victorian coins. What do you collect?

hi Tim, welcome to the forum :)

Hi, i'm Sylvester, and i just collect... :D

Hi all

Thanks for the very warm welcome :) My collection is a bit of everything i have about 120 three pence bits and probably 15 crowns or so with a loads of other coinage i just like all the old coinage of this fine country,im looking foward to getting a few veiws on some of my coins as im no expert !! just of out to buy a digital camera to take a few pics so i can post them up for all to see :D thnaks again for the warm welcome

hmm...me detects that you like silver coinage, maybe you will be a future chalenger to sylvesters collection :P

Hi Tim,

I'm Geoff and I collect British commemorative medals and milled silver, chiefly half crowns, but with a growing weakness for Indian silver rupees. Beyond that it's a question of having an eye for a bargain...

Did you bid for the 1905 half crown in the end Geoff?

but with a growing weakness for Indian silver rupees.

Hi

Geoff

Any ideas on these two one silver and one gold I have been told that they are Rupees

Any info would be welcome.

Tim welcome to the boards.

I’m Bob and haven’t got a clue about coin collecting in fact I can’t even pronounce numismatist :D:D

I’m a treasure hunter [as in sea] these lads on here give me good advice on our recovered artifacts.

B)

Cheers

Bob