British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi All,

New to this forum so a big hello to everyone. I have found a round 20p in my change and was wondering if it is classed as a mule? or something other than a stamping error? and the big question is it worth more than 20p face value? It is dated 2009 and still has the origional lustre although not mint condition.

Here's hoping.

Hi All,

New to this forum so a big hello to everyone. I have found a round 20p in my change and was wondering if it is classed as a mule? or something other than a stamping error? and the big question is it worth more than 20p face value? It is dated 2009 and still has the origional lustre although not mint condition.

Here's hoping.

A picture of the coin would help to determine whether its been minted this way or not. Until then it would be hard to say what has happened to it. Oh and welcome to the forum

Hi All,

Here's hoping.

A picture of the coin would help to determine whether its been minted this way or not. Until then it would be hard to say what has happened to it. Oh and welcome to the forum

been trying to attach a photo but it keeps comming up as too big to upload any ideas.

150kb max file size... you'll need to either make the photo smaller, or upload to somewhere like photobox and post the link!

Welcome!

I think it's probably the wrong plachet that somehow got mixed in with the 20ps, or just one that hasn't been cut properly.

If you don't have a picture is it the same size as a 10p? A 5p? a 2 or 1p?

How large is the diameter?

Are there any other errors?

What does the edge look like?

I think it's probably the wrong plachet that somehow got mixed in with the 20ps, or just one that hasn't been cut properly.

Finaly got a photo that may help, the edge would appear to have a thicker edge half way through.post-6678-076017100 1305043186_thumb.jpg

Finaly got a photo that may help, the edge would appear to have a thicker edge half way through.post-6678-076017100 1305043186_thumb.jpg

Looks to be within normal mint tolerences to me.

Does it roll?

Looks like the off-strike causes it to look rounder than it is.

yes it rolls

Does it roll?

yes it rolls

Does it roll?

oops yes it rolls

could be an unplated penny blank... should be about 20mm if so...

Well, see how it looks against another 20p and also a 1p to see how it is... then tell us.

Guest Deew32

I have one the same ! And it's round weigh same as a normal 20p and is same size as a 20p so not filed down.