British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Anyone noticed Cooke's new Farthing list?

I received his Farthing list 49 a week ago and if you pick it up with wet or sweaty hands, the ink runs and smudges on it. I think it's the new card he's using - it's kinda luminescent! I don't know whether his standard catalogue is like that but the farthing list certainly is!

I do not recieve his Farthng list :)

I received his Farthing list 49 a week ago and if you pick it up with wet or sweaty hands, the ink runs and smudges on it. I think it's the new card he's using - it's kinda luminescent! I don't know whether his standard catalogue is like that but the farthing list certainly is!

Dodgy... I dont receive the farthing list either, sorry

His farthing list is a kind of copper colour, no doubt intentionally, but I've not noticed any smudgy quality.

I've just bought a stunning 17th century silver medal from Colin which didn't even get as far as his list :D

I'll try and post a link to a pic once I've scanned and photobucketed it.

List 49 a copper colour? Mine's light blue!

List 49 a copper colour?  Mine's light blue!

My ordered farthings have just come through, with a farthing list :) ...and yes oli, the ink on my cover smudjes too, so dont worry its not just you oli :)

Edited by Master Jmd

I don't think I will bother subscribing to his catalogue because I would rather put the money towards the LCF in november.

You get free copies if you order from him. I order every month or so otherwise I feel a bit mean!

I order from him quite regularly, so why won't he offer me free copies?! :blink:

I don't know - perhaps you don't place big enough orders?! I normally buy about £30 at a time but I'm sure some halfpennies would more than cover that.

I'm not sure what Colin's policy is regarding his catalogue. I get one as a member of South Manchester Numismatic Club and Colin brings them along in the hope that we'll all flock to buy things. He usually comes armed with "samples" to tempt us. Last time I was tempted big style, so I reckon I've earned my free catalogues for the next few years :D

I don't know - perhaps you don't place big enough orders?! I normally buy about £30 at a time but I'm sure some halfpennies would more than cover that.

colin throws in special delivery if more then £30 is spent...so i think that you get one if you spend £30 or more...

I did spend £30 or more, infact, it was £55! I feel robbed. :wacko: