British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Coolmule

Hi guys

Hey guys, thought i'd introduce myself to you all my names Conor and well to be honest i have no experience what so ever in coins but recent inherited a lot of them :P ill post a few pictures of the half crowns and well i have most coins below that so i'd like a few of you to give me your expert opinions and give me a few price ranges if any of you would like to tak me under your wing and teach me the ropes,

looking forward from you all

Conor

Hey guys, thought i'd introduce myself to you all my names Conor and well to be honest i have no experience what so ever in coins but recent inherited a lot of them :P ill post a few pictures of the half crowns and well i have most coins below that so i'd like a few of you to give me your expert opinions and give me a few price ranges if any of you would like to tak me under your wing and teach me the ropes,

Conor

Welcome Conor!

...and welcome to the hobby. Before long you'll have no spare time left, you'll have become an expert on spreadsheets and photography, you'll know eBay inside out, and you'll be squinting through a magnifying glass trying to decide whether something points at a border bead, or between them.

Or you might just sell them, who knows?

Conor

Welcome Conor, my sons middle name is Connor :) Anyhoo, please feel free to post some pics of your coins. Can you maybe tell us how many there is roughly, we don't want you to go through all the trouble of posting everything, so maybe tell us the earliest dates and if there's not to many, then perhaps list what there is and we can have a look through and pick out what might be of value.

Value is always down to grade, so don't get to upset if the coins are not worth great amounts. Will you collecting yourself now, or planning to sell them on?

Conor

Welcome Conor, my sons middle name is Connor :) Anyhoo, please feel free to post some pics of your coins. Can you maybe tell us how many there is roughly, we don't want you to go through all the trouble of posting everything, so maybe tell us the earliest dates and if there's not to many, then perhaps list what there is and we can have a look through and pick out what might be of value.

Value is always down to grade, so don't get to upset if the coins are not worth great amounts. Will you collecting yourself now, or planning to sell them on?

Well id like to start collecting going to send the database that i have made for them so you guys can have a look through if u have a better database that i could use please tell me as i made this myself :)

welcome conor

my sons middle name isnt connor, but what the heck. :D

i hope you keep the coins, if their low grade, they will be of more value to you personally than the money they may fetch.

if their high grade, well you may have the start of a nice collection.

additionally to what has been said here already about ebay spreadsheets etc, you will learn a lot about history, rulers/wars etc....coin collecting is an enthralling hobby.....

i hope you decide to keep em.

welcome conor

i hope you keep the coins, if their low grade, they will be of more value to you personally than the money they may fetch.

additionally to what has been said here already about ebay spreadsheets etc, you will learn a lot about history, rulers/wars etc....coin collecting is an enthralling hobby.....

shame it isnt connor ;D :) anyway heres the database that i made tell me any that you would like pictures of :)

blagh says im not permitted to upload a file why is this ? :)

Hi Colin!

You can get good books in your local bookshop for the prices if you have a lorryload but if you scan them in anyone here will help you with a rough value!

Hi Colin!

You can get good books in your local bookshop for the prices if you have a lorryload but if you scan them in anyone here will help you with a rough value!

i think i may have exxagerated by a load i have like 200 maybe more :)

Conor

Well id like to start collecting going to send the database that i have made for them so you guys can have a look through if u have a better database that i could use please tell me as i made this myself :)

Is it me or what, but when a new collector/member, who's suddenly inherited coins makes an entrance and says ooooh i've got loadsa coins, i somehow get really excited as to what they might have. I'll go and shuffle towards the medicine cabinet now :unsure:

Hi Colin!

i think i may have exxagerated by a load i have like 200 maybe more :)

Lol, 200 is quite a stash, so now what we need is who and what you have, but don't go scanning the whole 200, lets see the database first ;)

Edited by azda

welcome conor

shame it isnt connor ;D :) anyway heres the database that i made tell me any that you would like pictures of :)

Maybe it's too big.

The max single file size here is 150kb.

Try http://rapidshare.com/

Click the yellow upload button then the select files button.

welcome conor

Maybe it's too big.

The max single file size here is 150kb.

Try http://rapidshare.com/

Click the yellow upload button then the select files button.

Has this worked guys http://rapidshare.com/files/449833048/Jims_Coins_1.xlsx

youre right azda...i share youre feelings. a colleague came to me recently with a nice collection of farthings and a few other oddities thrown in, was nice to view them but not my bag as it were, they were his mothers, so now hes decided to collect coins.

i prefer beer to medicine though

took me to a rapid share site, i havent enrolled for an account though :huh:

took me to a rapid share site, i havent enrolled for an account though :huh:

yep me to, can't get it either

youre right azda...i share youre feelings. a colleague came to me recently with a nice collection of farthings and a few other oddities thrown in, was nice to view them but not my bag as it were, they were his mothers, so now hes decided to collect coins.

i prefer beer to medicine though

http://rapidshare.com/files/449833503/Jims_Coins_1.xlsx

im not sure what im doing to be honest :( mmmm lemme think a sec

wheres slow download :)

How big is the file Conor?

and sion its conor not colin ;D just checking :L :):P

Denomination18441860186118621863186418701871187218731874187518761877187818791880188118821883188418861889189018911892189318941895189618971898189919001901190219031904190519061907190819091910191119121913191419151916191719181919192019211922192319241925192619271928192919301931193219331934193519361937193819391940194119421943194419451946194719481949195019511952195319541955195619571958195919601961196219631964196519661967Fractional Farthings1The Farthing11112111124212111The Halfpenny1111123111Three FarthingsThe Silver (Maundy) PennyThe Copper/Bronze Penny12221231321132534221086657121086191912131882321812101591258612013915137710181016109679563136575417The Penny-HalfpennyThe Two PenceThree Pence1112112324232111412231233531118125Four Pence (Maundy and Britannia)The Sixpence25211253472761012542121111111111111121114The Shilling111211111261111111132222222322222442232222332222218 and 20 PenceTwo Shillings - Florin2x vi 16 each1224155411233111152Thirty Pence - Half Crown 114433412211152242421111111

well that didnt work and its 0.3 mb how about if i take a picture of it and then put it onto hmm a word doc ?

i downloaded sloooooowwwwwwlllllllyyyyy, i opened it using excel........i got the prettiest pattern of hyroglyphics youve ever seen.........my mummy will be pleased when i show here :D

azda....back to the medicne cabinet......were gonna need more bandages :D

Well i made it using excel and if any of you have got a blank template i can use it would be much appreciated ? :)

Interesting!

With your fractional farthing what does it say?

There are three types, a half and a third and a quarter although only the half and the third were issued in 1844.

Could you scan:

your fractional farthing

1876 halfpenny

1902 halfpenny

and any coin that's got good detail especially the older ones with a lot of detail.

see:

http://www.telecoins.com/scanning.html#PHOTO

and crop it down the the coin bit with paint :)

Interesting!

With your fractional farthing what does it say?

There are three types, a half and a third and a quarter although only the half and the third were issued in 1844.

Could you scan:

your fractional farthing

1876 halfpenny

1902 halfpenny

and any coin that's got good detail especially the older ones with a lot of detail.

see:

http://www.telecoins...ning.html#PHOTO

and crop it down the the coin bit with paint :)

not got a scanner but i have my camera at the ready ill shall go coin hunting :):P